My daughter gave me her BBC 8310. ATT activated the phone and downloaded my address book. The address book is now SIM Phone Book. Trying to create a personal and business address book. Have followed all the manual instructions on new addresses, new contacts, copy all to address book (sims menu) etc. but each time nothing is saved to the personal address book. The only info on the address book screen is find:, personal, *no addresses*. Something is blocking these entries. Can someone tell me what to do. First time I have tried anything likethis, hope I have not broken any of your rules, if so I apologize.
    Thanks for your help,
    trike31
    07-04-09 09:23 AM
    There is only one Address Book. You can use the Filter function to show only the contacts that are in a specific category, such as Personal or Business. For each contact you enter, select a category, either Personal or Business. Then in the Address Book, select Options / Filter and check the box for the category you want to see.

Filter settings persist through a battery pull. The only way to turn the filter off is by unchecking the box.
    07-04-09 09:39 AM
    Thank you very much for the info. Followed your instructions, an now have a useable address book.
    Thanks again,
    trike31
    07-04-09 10:25 AM
    You are welcome. Glad to help. And welcome to the Forums as well! Be sure to check out the BlackBerry Help tab at the top of the screen. BlackBerry 101 and the Tips and How To FAQ are really good resources for all kinds of questions. Often you can find an answer more quickly there than by posting a question and waiting for someone to answer it.
    07-04-09 10:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD