so i decided to downgrade back to 4.2 last night.
    i backed up data/3rd party apps, wiped device, then installed 4.2.

once everything was restored, all was good. i then noticed my address book was completely empty. weird, but no problem, i had a backup..... but when i got to restore, the address book entry is greyed out, i can't select it.

i've install OS'es numerous times before, but this is the first time this has happened. any advice??

edit: also, is there a way to save contacts on sim card instead of device memory? i don't see that option anywhere.
    Last edited by stev408; 07-19-08 at 08:10 PM.
    07-19-08 08:08 PM
    That's WEIRD! When I upgraded it asked me if I wanted to import the #'s from my SIM card, so you got me there. If you synch with outlook (that's really all I use outlook for these days) you should be able to get them back that way, it's at least something to try. Sorry I can't be of more help
    07-19-08 08:25 PM
    If you have a backup, you can restore your address book. I am not sure what is going wrong

Or you can do a selective restore and pick the address book database... under advance options or something in Desktop Manager
    07-19-08 08:26 PM
    i've tried both methods.

restore everything, address book still empty.

selective, address book entry greyed out.
    07-19-08 08:30 PM
    I had the same thing happen tonight. Mines greyed out also. Says its read only. Can anyone help get addresses back?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-22-08 09:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD