I know I can backup the blackberry to my desktop computer to restore if my phone dies or is lost. However, I want to be able to save my addressbook as an Excel file for various reasons. Is there a way to save the addressbook as a spreadsheet, manipulate the data and upload it back to the blackberry?

I'm wanting to add a lot of address information for my contacts, and not interested in adding that much data on the blackberry itself. Would rather be able to edit a spreadsheet file or database and upload the file to blackberry and save on home computer.

I know you crackberries have a way to do that...right?

Janice

Janice
    06-18-08 08:00 AM
    06-18-08 08:36 AM
    The best way is to sync with Outlook and then export from Outlook to either Excel or a .csv file that excel can read. This way you have your Address Book on Outlook.

The second way is to go into Synchronization, Configuration, Setup for AddressBook and select ASCII file FROM the device and then select comma-delimited file using single quotes and a comma to delimit the fileds and save as a .csv file. This will now be directly readable by Excel. Once in Excel, you can remove the single quotes by typing Ctrl-H and inputting a single quote and then selecting Replace All. Now you need to reformat all your phone number comums to read regular numbers agan and not Polish notation fso select all the number colums and format to number and zero decimals.

Save the file and you have done it.
    06-18-08 09:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD