Ok My address book wont display any of my contacts but when i receive a message it still comes up as their name.

also it still says that i have 145 names but wont show it

what the **** and any ideas???

Thank you i have fixed my problem.
    Last edited by tsmith1823; 01-27-09 at 07:49 PM.
    01-27-09 07:18 PM
    Have you tried doing a battery pull. Or if you have a recent backup saved to your computer, restore it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-27-09 07:19 PM
    Sounds like you have a filter on.

Adress book, menu key, filters, make sure both are unchecked.
    01-27-09 07:27 PM
    Sounds like you have a filter on.

Adress book, menu key, filters, make sure both are unchecked.
    Thank you thank you thank you tried a battery pull on my own didnt work...

My uncle must have put it on by accident, he's been using my berry every chance he gets, he's looking into getting one and doesnt know for sure if he wants one yet so hes playing tester with mine

Ive only been using blackberry for about a month now and i love this forum, there is so much helpful information and helpful people on here.

My blackberry still proves smarter than me at times, Ill have to actually think and ask myself, HOW DO YOU DO THIS???? WHAT WHAT WHAT?

why cant i use any of the smiles or edit text? is it my post count or my computer is being stupid?
    01-27-09 07:36 PM
    Since your uncle's been using your Curve, better check that he's been closing the apps. properly. You can hold the alt key down then press the Back key to display any open apps.

There shouldn't be anything other than Home Screen, BB Messenger, Browser, Phone, and Messages displayed. If anything else is displayed, highlight it and let go of the Back key, then press the Menu key and select Close or Exit.
    01-27-09 09:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD