So I used to use BitPim on my old phone to add Ringtones that I made on my computer to my phone. Do I still have to use BitPim to do this for my curve 8330 from verizon? Or does the software disk that came with let me access and add ringtones to the phone?
    03-27-09 01:49 PM
    bitpim was what i used to use as well. but now u can just use the software that comes with the phone. its actually quite easy to use.

...skeeter...
    03-27-09 01:52 PM
    Easiest way if you have a media card/USB cord and a PC.
    options>media card>mass storage mode support = ON. Once you have done that its as simple as plugging in the device (via the USB cord) and dragging and dropping what you wish to and from the BB/PC. Treat it like you would any other flash/removable drive. Browse "my computer" and look for blackberry listed as one of the drives (where you see C:, D:, E: etc)
    03-27-09 01:53 PM
    Use Tremortality's instructions to use Mass Storage Mode, then find the Drive on your computer called Blackberry. Navigate through the Blackberry folder and look for the Ringtones folder, copy your ringtone files there.
    03-27-09 02:31 PM
    Thanks guys. Does it matter what format the ringtones are in? I made them in MP3 format and some in WAV. Ive been able to email MP3 ringtones and save them so far but that takes forever.

Also if I am not using a media card do I still need to turn mass storage mode on?
    03-27-09 03:00 PM
    Thanks guys. Does it matter what format the ringtones are in? I made them in MP3 format and some in WAV. Ive been able to email MP3 ringtones and save them so far but that takes forever.

Also if I am not using a media card do I still need to turn mass storage mode on?
    mp3 - you will need a media card to transfer the files as I have described above.. Just so you know without a media card every tone you put on there will lessen your available file free memory - it will be on the device memory which is not a good thing....... A few are ok but if you over do it, it will suffer. Media cards are so cheap its your best bet.....
    03-27-09 03:01 PM
    Villain, get a media card. A 4GB card is less than $10 now.
    03-27-09 03:04 PM
    I got one. Just havent got around to putting it in the phone yet. I got an 8gb. Thanks for the help guys!
    03-27-09 03:10 PM
    I got one. Just havent got around to putting it in the phone yet. I got an 8gb. Thanks for the help guys!
    Roger that, then you are set....
    03-27-09 03:13 PM
    Could I also just take out the card from the phone since I assume it formats it and plug the card directly into the computer slots for it and load them in that way? (Im at work right now so I cant really find out for myself lol)
    03-27-09 03:23 PM
    Could I also just take out the card from the phone since I assume it formats it and plug the card directly into the computer slots for it and load them in that way? (Im at work right now so I cant really find out for myself lol)
    Yes, you can do that. Most ppl don't because it's a pain to take out the media card from your BB because it's under the battery.
    03-27-09 03:25 PM
    It is easiest to go through "My Computer" to add ringtones and to access anything else on a media card in your phone. It acts as a device with removable storage.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-27-09 08:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD