I just got a BB curve with a 1gb card from ebay. I am really new with BB so please be patient. How can I add ringtones to the memory card so I can use them on my blackberry. also how can I add pictures to the memory card so I can use them as ID for when someone calls. I dont have bluetooth, I have a mini usb cable. Can anyone walk me through the whole process. thanks.
    05-06-08 11:07 AM
    The mini USB cable is the only way to upload to the device.

If you got the full package, use the CD to install BlackBerry Desktop Manger to your computer. If not, it can be downloaded.

The package includes Media Manager, with that you can export files to the device card.

If you enable mass storage mode while connected, you can also use Windows File Manager for file maintenance.

Enjoy your Curve.
    05-06-08 11:16 AM
    I just got a BB curve with a 1gb card from ebay. I am really new with BB so please be patient. How can I add ringtones to the memory card so I can use them on my blackberry. also how can I add pictures to the memory card so I can use them as ID for when someone calls. I dont have bluetooth, I have a mini usb cable. Can anyone walk me through the whole process. thanks.
    If you want to make your own ringtones Myxer - Download Ringtones and More lets you upload songs from your pc and then clip it the way you want it. It's free and all you have to do is register for an account. Once you upload and clip the ringtone you can send it to your phone in a text msg with a link to download the ringtone.
    05-06-08 11:35 AM
    i dont use the media manager for ringtones, pics, or movies. what i do is make sure that the enable mass storage when connected is checked to on. now when you plug in the usb to the phone and then to the computer, it should recognize the memory card and assign it a drive letter. when you click on the drive letter, you'll see a blackberry folder, double click that and you will see 4 folders. pictures, videos, ringtones, and music. just open the appropriate folder, and drag and drop what you want in them. now when you go to the media menu on the phone, whatever you placed on the storage card will show up in the corresponding folder or icon in the menu. i will also add that when you put the memory card in the phone, make sure to use the menu key and select format. this will make sure that the folders i mentioned above are created.
    05-06-08 02:37 PM
    thanks for you help. I ended up doing the same thing as cobra, its the easiest way and doesnt require much just the cable drag and drop.

thanks,
    05-08-08 05:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD