Hey all,

So I am on OS 4.5.0.77 and yesterday I was invited into a group chat and when I viewed the participants and wanted to add someone i went on top of their name, pressed the blackberry button and selected "Add as Contact" and then I was instructed to enter a PIN or email address. Anyone else have this problem and can't add someone to their list if they are in a chat? If you can let me know that would be awesome, thanks!
    11-11-08 01:06 PM
    Anyone else have this problem? Would downgrading and upgrading again maybe make a difference? Just wondering. Was contemplating going to the new 4.5.0.89 for All Tel but am kinda worried apps will stop working after the upgrade or might not go well since I am with bell and not all tell. Anyone have any ideas?
    12-03-08 03:15 PM
    Luloo,
    Doesn't BB Messenger have to send an invite to the participant, thus the question on PIN or E-Mail? Or where they already in your contact list?
    12-04-08 09:38 AM
    If there is a group chat and someone invites me into it and there is someone I don't have on my list, if you view participants you can highlight that person and select "Add As Contact"
    12-05-08 12:29 AM
    If there is a group chat and someone invites me into it and there is someone I don't have on my list, if you view participants you can highlight that person and select "Add As Contact"
    Right. As I understand it and I may be wrong, but that works just like the menu option to add a contact. They get a PIN or E-mail message saying you have invited them and they can accept of decline.

That is about the extent of my BB Messenger knowledge. Sorry!
    12-05-08 11:22 AM
    Right. As I understand it and I may be wrong, but that works just like the menu option to add a contact. They get a PIN or E-mail message saying you have invited them and they can accept of decline.

That is correct. At least that is how it worked for me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-05-08 11:36 AM

See that is how I think it worked on my previous firmware version. I would select their name, and then select "Add As Contact" and they would get a request from me. The thing was I had my berry for about 3 weeks before I upgraded to .77 and now when I select "Add As Contact" it brings up the smaller screen saying "<Please enter PIN or email>" which I *think* is a bug in the newer firmware just not positive and that is what I am trying to verify. If this still isn't clear let me know and I will try and rephrase or take a pic or somethin.
    12-07-08 06:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD