I received a new curve 8330 and downloaded my backed up contacts from BB desktop manager, then attempted to add the contacts that I've collected from a loaner Curve I've been using for the past month, but it just deleted all the other contacts. Is there any way to ADD contacts to my new BB without loosing my existing contacts, other then adding each one manually?

Thanks ~D
    07-24-10 07:09 PM
    You have to merge both of the ipd files into a new file then load it on your new device. There are applications you can buy that do this.
    07-24-10 08:00 PM
    Thank you so much! Do I buy the app online and download to my PC or download onto my BB? Clearly, I am not proficient in the use of BB's.

ps: do you know specifically what the app is called?
    Last edited by NaliniD; 07-24-10 at 08:24 PM.
    07-24-10 08:20 PM
    I found ABC Amber IPD Merger and attempted to merge them. However, I get an error report that the unregistered version allows only 30 items from each IPD file. I will research others... thank you again! ~D
    07-24-10 08:47 PM
    ABC Amber IPD Merger works great and is worth the money. Just note that once you place your order it may take up to a day for the company to get back to you with the registration key.

Back up your files and give them different backup names in case anything bad happens during the merge. I've used it a number of times with no problems.
    07-24-10 09:05 PM
    Great thanks for the tips and letting me know about the order wait time, I was wondering what was taking so long. Ordered it a couple of hours ago and still haven't received the registration key. Let you know how it goes, thanks again, I'm so relieved there's a solution.
    07-24-10 11:14 PM
    Since your just looking to sync contacts, could just sync with either Outlook Express or Outlook.
    07-24-10 11:47 PM
    Installed the ABC Merger program and it worked like a charm! So easy, got all my contacts in my phone now. Thanks so much for your help!
    07-25-10 10:31 AM
    You're welcome! It's a nice little program.
    07-25-10 12:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD