The only way I've found to add a call list number to an existing contact is to copy and paste. Seems to me there should be an menu option to assign the number to an existing contact ...
    09-12-08 01:16 PM
    If you hit your green Call key you'll see the list of recent numbers. Scroll down to the one you want and hit the Menu key and choose Add to Address Book.
    09-12-08 01:28 PM
    Thats the same problem I ran into the other day....There needs to be an option that allows you to add to an existing contact instead of using copy/paste.....Seems like a common sense option to add, dunno why its not in there.
    09-12-08 01:37 PM
    Unfortunately, cut and paste is the only way to add to an existing contact. "Add to Address Book" creates a new contact.
    09-12-08 01:41 PM
    sorry I missed the key word "existing" there. And agreed, such a common task should be a simple menu item.
    09-12-08 01:43 PM
    With all due respect , how often do you have to add unknown numbers to your contacts??? Copy and Paste should more than suffice for something this rarely used ........................... imo.
    09-12-08 05:08 PM
    With all due respect , how often do you have to add unknown numbers to your contacts??? Copy and Paste should more than suffice for something this rarely used ........................... imo.
    With all due respect I had several calls this week from people I know but didn't have the number they were calling from on my contact list. It was a little clunky but doable. Is copy & past sufficient? It gets it done. Would it be more convenient to have a menu item? Duh! IMHO
    09-12-08 08:19 PM
    With all due respect I had several calls this week from people I know but didn't have the number they were calling from on my contact list. It was a little clunky but doable. Is copy & past sufficient? It gets it done. Would it be more convenient to have a menu item? Duh! IMHO
    Look at that , we BOTH have opinions. I wonder if mine stinks as bad as yours? (lol jk I think that ^ was a T-shirt wasn't it )

Lucky for you ,you only have to copy and paste that number once and then it's forevermore at your disposal.

In my opinion you would have to use a feature like that say , 3 times a week minimum to justify pursuit . So thats 156 additional unknown numbers added to your address book by the end of the year from contacts you ALREADY have in your address book. And added again the next year and the year after that again. So now I've more tripled my address book with unknown numbers from contacts I already had. Does that seem likely to you?

I totally agree it should have been there , my previous phones all had this option, but i wouldn't go writing any letters to RIM trying to get it done now.
    09-12-08 09:18 PM
    I was a little surprised at first that RIM didn't have this feature on their BBs, but I quickly learned to be happy with the copy and paste method, considering I don't add very many numbers from my call log.
    09-12-08 09:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD