That looks awesome,does the trackball feel like OEM now?
    Thanks bro. It does...feels great! Only thing is...Im noticing alot of dust inside the housing between the LCD screen and the outside cover. Thought I read somewhere that there was a way to seal it. Either way I'm diggin it.
    03-31-09 11:57 PM
    They sell the foam gaskets at www.gsm4world.com

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-31-09 11:59 PM
    They sell the foam gaskets at www.gsm4world.com

Thanks rider....thats where I bought the housing so I'll get one of those on order.
    04-01-09 12:01 AM
    Thanks bro. It does...feels great! Only thing is...Im noticing alot of dust inside the housing between the LCD screen and the outside cover. Thought I read somewhere that there was a way to seal it. Either way I'm diggin it.
    you should get one of these...
    xxx.bestskinsever.com/servlet/the-87/RIM-BlackBerry-8330-Curve/Detail

it will prevent dust from going in there and prevent scratches,works great
    04-01-09 12:07 AM
    Something else I noticed is the keybiard is really stiff around the middle 16 keys. They dont click as easy as the ones around the edge. Anyone notice this who changed their keyboard and tray?
    04-01-09 09:30 AM
    yeah i have the same set up as OP and i had the same problems with the trackball. The fitment of the new keyboard with the new housing makes the keys seems very... rigid? I don't know how to explain it, but you can move the keyboard around and hear it squeak. also, I've had many problems with all aftermarket trackballs. From the black one that came with the kit from GSM4World, G1 trackball, CNN blue trackball, they all seem to be inferior to the OEM clear trackball. Not responsive and they all seem to 'slip' and feel like they are loose. There is a lot of play with the aftermarket trackballs.
    04-01-09 03:16 PM
    yeah i have the same set up as OP and i had the same problems with the trackball. The fitment of the new keyboard with the new housing makes the keys seems very... rigid? I don't know how to explain it, but you can move the keyboard around and hear it squeak. also, I've had many problems with all aftermarket trackballs. From the black one that came with the kit from GSM4World, G1 trackball, CNN blue trackball, they all seem to be inferior to the OEM clear trackball. Not responsive and they all seem to 'slip' and feel like they are loose. There is a lot of play with the aftermarket trackballs.
    The trackball is actually good to go...its the keyboard I need to loosen up a bit. Gona take it apart tonight and see about tweaking it.
    04-01-09 04:27 PM
    Ok...I took apart the phone again and compared the keypads. If you flip the stock keypad over it has little slits in between the keys. The keypad that comes with the housing does not. Im thinking that the slits allow it to move better when pushing the buttons. So, I put the stock keypad and tray back in and now it works great. There's no difference between the color of the keypads anyway.

I also put the stock trackball on because it just works better. The black trackball that came with the housing is just a tiny bit smaller therefore it's a bit loose.

Im GTG now
    04-02-09 07:02 PM
    would so do this but i aint got 30 bucks lol

20 ish for housing
    6 for keys blehs
    Last edited by godofdeath; 04-02-09 at 07:38 PM.
    04-02-09 07:34 PM
    Come to think of it, I used my OEM kboard tray and keypad as well. The original looked perfectly ok so I didn't change it out when I put on my black housing.

04-02-09 08:24 PM
    Come to think of it, I used my OEM kboard tray and keypad as well. The original looked perfectly ok so I didn't change it out when I put on my black housing.

isnt ur original alrdy a vzw curve?
    not much of a keyboard change.
    I on the other hand have to change if I want to do the full black look

did anyone leave the titanium one on?
    04-02-09 09:14 PM
    Good looking ninja berry you have there. Love the all black look!
    04-02-09 09:17 PM
    would so do this but i aint got 30 bucks lol

20 ish for housing
    6 for keys blehs
    You could always take your housing apart, rough up the finish with some 500 grit sand paper, shoot a few coats of flat black, then 2 -3 coats of gloss. Cheaper alternative..
    04-02-09 11:39 PM

I should of done the same but since the housing was new I figured I'd use the new tray and keypad. Gonna dye my trackball with some Rit this weekend. Been following that thread and it seems to be working well.
    04-02-09 11:40 PM
    Good looking ninja berry you have there. Love the all black look!
    Thanks MW.....time to hook yours up and go HAAAY YAAA!
    04-02-09 11:43 PM
    Glad to hear you got the issues worked out. I know what you mean with the keyboard, too. The whole reason I changed my faceplate and keyboard was because I had dropped my berry in the gravel in the dark and then stepped on it. Cracked my lens, dented my faceplate, and mushed down two of the keys. When I disassembled it to see the extent of the damage, I noted my motherboard and keyboard tray were still good, but the little stems on the back of my keys were squished, so I had to replace my keypad. Kept the OEM tray in it though. The aftermarket one looked identical, but somehow looked "cheaper" to me.

I did the same thing to my trackball ring, except I just sanded the chrome off. Its not shiny, but I kinda look the flat black look of it. Looks very stealthy!
    04-03-09 12:25 AM
    Glad to hear you got the issues worked out. I know what you mean with the keyboard, too. The whole reason I changed my faceplate and keyboard was because I had dropped my berry in the gravel in the dark and then stepped on it. Cracked my lens, dented my faceplate, and mushed down two of the keys. When I disassembled it to see the extent of the damage, I noted my motherboard and keyboard tray were still good, but the little stems on the back of my keys were squished, so I had to replace my keypad. Kept the OEM tray in it though. The aftermarket one looked identical, but somehow looked "cheaper" to me.

I did the same thing to my trackball ring, except I just sanded the chrome off. Its not shiny, but I kinda look the flat black look of it. Looks very stealthy!
    Thanks....It's perfect now. Im gonna send an email to the place I bought it and tell them about this. Dont know if anyone has noticed the slits in the back of the stock keypad but it makes sense to me that this would allow it to "click" better. Flat black huh?...bet it does look stealthy.
    04-03-09 12:40 AM
    did anyone do the all black housing with the gray keyboard?
    04-04-09 12:49 AM
43 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD