I was just wonder why i got an email stating "Congratuation, you have successfully set up "[email protected]"". I set this acount up already..months ago. Did gmail do an update or something?

_thanks
    07-29-09 12:18 PM
    Did you have to re-validate your email on the device?
    07-29-09 12:19 PM
    thanks for the reply

No, I was surprised when I got it. I did nothing with my device. I also notice it install the blackberry app world icon.
    07-29-09 12:54 PM
    It didnt install it, its a service book, UNTIL you install it. Your service books were pushed or reset then pushed. If you dont want the app world icon, hide it, otherwise each time ther service books are pushed it will come back, if you leave it be, its NOT installed, not taking up space.
    07-29-09 12:56 PM
    It didnt install it, its a service book, UNTIL you install it. Your service books were pushed or reset then pushed. If you dont want the app world icon, hide it, otherwise each time ther service books are pushed it will come back, if you leave it be, its NOT installed, not taking up space.
    thanks you...you know why i got the email congratulating me on setting up my gmail acount
    07-29-09 01:00 PM
    Your provider (Verizon) sent out new app icons to give you the option to download the apps. To do that, they re-sent your Service Books. When the Service Books get re-sent, it re-registers your e-mail accounts. Nothing to worry about, the exact same thing would happen if you were to manually re-send your Service Books yourself, just in tis case, it was your service provider doing it.
    07-29-09 02:56 PM
    Your provider (Verizon) sent out new app icons to give you the option to download the apps. To do that, they re-sent your Service Books. When the Service Books get re-sent, it re-registers your e-mail accounts. Nothing to worry about, the exact same thing would happen if you were to manually re-send your Service Books yourself, just in tis case, it was your service provider doing it.
    thanks for the information
    07-29-09 03:55 PM
    No Prob, glad to be of help.
    07-29-09 04:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD