Help!

I upgraded to 4.5 a couple of weeks ago and it seemed to be working just fine, but I noticed a few days ago my address books were not synching with my Exchange account on the BES server. Email and tasks worked just fine. I contacted my BES tech people and they said I needed to activate my Curve again. So I followed their instructions:

1. Back up the phone
    2. Wipe the phone
    3. Reregister with Verizon
    4. Activate the phone again with the new password

When I did this the activation stopped immediately. I contacted Verizon and they told me to have my BES techs delete my account on the server then set it up again. They did this yesterday and now the activation proceeds to Receiving Services and just stops until it finally gives an error.

I checked the firewall and when I did I noticed under Incorrect Encryption Key that it had been blocked 75 times!

Thanks for any advice you may have!
    11-11-08 08:06 AM
    This is frustrating. Your original problem is fairly common in BES users. I know how to solve it, because I've experienced it several times. Unfortunately you have to be activated to fix it. Your BES admins will have to solve that. Once they get you activated, your original problem may be solved as well. Or it may be fixed in the Address Book, but show up in Tasks. You have to check the Options in each application and ensure that Wireless Synch is available as an option. It won't even show up as an option in the apps that aren't synching. Fortunately the solution is the same for all five. I'll paste it below, but remember, this will only work after your BES techs solve the activation problem.

It sometimes happens that OTA sync is lost for one of the five apps that BES supports. I don't know why this happens, but here is a solution that has always worked for me:

You should know that there is a very slight risk of corrupting the OS on your device anytime you do a battery pull, so be sure to have a current backup before performing this procedure.
    1. Options / Advanced Options / Service Books
    2. Select the entry "Desktop [SYNC]"
    3. Push the Menu button
    4. Select Delete
    5. Answer "yes" to the "are you sure question?"
    6. Without turning off the blackberry, remove the battery
    7. Leave the battery out for a minute or so
    8. Put the battery back in
    9. After the blackberry boots up, select Options / Advanced Options / Service Books
    10. Push the Menu button
    11. Select Undelete

The Wireless Sync option should now be present for Contacts, Tasks, Notes, Messages, and Calendar. It may be necessary to do this procedure more than once. The first time I did it, the service book came back, but the Wireless Sync option did not come back. I repeated the entire process and the second time the Wireless Sync capability was restored. So if you do it and it doesn't work, repeat the entire process. I've successfully used this process to restore OTA synching for contacts, notes, and the calendar. I've never had the problem with Tasks or Messages.

If this process doesn't work, Blackberry Technical Support Knowledge Base Article KB10105 may apply. Here is the link: Calendar entries will not synchronize from the BlackBerry smartphone to Microsoft Outlook

If this Knowledge Base article applies, your IT department will have to solve the problem. It's beyond user solution.
    11-11-08 09:45 PM
    Thanks!

Later today my email and calendar started synching again. I checked the Enterprise Activation page and now it says
    "Synchronizing service Desktop
    Calendar complete"

and that is it.
    11-11-08 09:59 PM
    That's great. Anytime you notice something is not synching, you can use the procedure above to restore it. If it doesn't solve the problem, it's benign and won't make it worse.
    11-11-08 10:04 PM
    I guess I don't understand why this happened, but it did! I tried the suggestions above a couple of times with no success, but figured my mail and calendar were working and I can manually synch the address book with my PC once a day, so I can live with that. Well, this morning I checked my email on my 8330 and it was in the middle of activation! It finished just fine and now everything synch's as it should. Go figure. Something must have been initiated on the BES server?
    11-13-08 08:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD