I just bought my BB this Sunday. How can Xfer M$ Office files (mostly Excel and Word) to my BB and edit them on the BB?

Thanks.

Oh, and what's the best way to use standard email cover letters to edit and customize?
    Last edited by Dan Wasson; 02-24-09 at 07:03 PM. Reason: Thought of another question
    02-24-09 06:58 PM
    Documents To Go for BlackBerry Smartphones: Word, Excel and PowerPoint on your BlackBerry Smartphone

*basic version with os 4.5 has to be installed via desktop manager if not already.
    02-24-09 07:03 PM
    *basic version with os 4.5 has to be installed via desktop manager if not already.
    On mine, I was able to install it with the OS 4.5, but it only had the word and power point program. I had to register (for free) to download the excel portion of the app.
    02-24-09 08:44 PM
    I have 4.5, but can't edit, did I not install something? I don't see anything on my bb
    To edit files

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-24-09 08:52 PM
    The freebie version is read only...to edit you have to buy the Pro version.

02-25-09 08:51 AM
    That is incorrect information. You can edit files in the free version you cannot create a new file without the pro version.
    02-25-09 09:03 AM
    I have 4.5, but can't edit, did I not install something? I don't see anything on my bb
    To edit files

You should see Open a file. Select the document you want to open and then
    hit the menu and hit edit mode then you should be able to edit your document.
    02-25-09 09:05 AM
    I know I'm doing something wrong. I installed v 4.5 from the RIM site, then I went to the link for Documents to Go. But I don't see the application on my BB and can't see how to register to get it.
    02-25-09 09:22 AM
    I know I'm doing something wrong. I installed v 4.5 from the RIM site, then I went to the link for Documents to Go. But I don't see the application on my BB and can't see how to register to get it.
    Are you doing this thru your Desktop Manager? Make sure that you are doing this on the computer that has the copy of 4.5 installed on it, so that your desktop manager can reference it. Open DM, and go to Application Loader>Add/Remove Applications. From here it should find the copy of 4.5 that you have on your pc, but you may have to direct it to the program itself, i can't remember. Anyways, once it loads all the applications that you have to choose from (on your BB and with the 4.5 package) you can scroll down and select Documents To Go. Hit next and it will say "You are going to install Documents To Go" or something along those lines, from there you hit next and it will begin the process of adding it to your BB. Don't unplug it, your phone will reset, and you should have the folder on your application screen.
    02-25-09 09:39 AM
    I'm not seeing the edit mode. I download the attachment, then gewt a message that saids you are downloading a file that could not be viewed

You should see Open a file. Select the document you want to open and then
    hit the menu and hit edit mode then you should be able to edit your document.
    02-25-09 04:13 PM
    I'm not seeing the edit mode. I download the attachment, then gewt a message that saids you are downloading a file that could not be viewed

You are using OS 4.5 right? When you open the attachment it should ask if you want to view or edit with document to go.
    02-25-09 04:22 PM
    Are you doing this thru your Desktop Manager? Make sure that you are doing this on the computer that has the copy of 4.5 installed on it, so that your desktop manager can reference it. Open DM, and go to Application Loader>Add/Remove Applications. From here it should find the copy of 4.5 that you have on your pc, but you may have to direct it to the program itself, i can't remember. Anyways, once it loads all the applications that you have to choose from (on your BB and with the 4.5 package) you can scroll down and select Documents To Go. Hit next and it will say "You are going to install Documents To Go" or something along those lines, from there you hit next and it will begin the process of adding it to your BB. Don't unplug it, your phone will reset, and you should have the folder on your application screen.
    Thanks a lot! That did it.

Crackberry is helping me a lot.
    02-26-09 09:04 PM
    I just got docs to go on my curve and its great but so far the only way I can get documents into docs to go is send them as an attachment on an e-mail any hints ???

02-27-09 01:48 AM
    If you have an SD card, you can hook to your computer and enter Mass Storage mode, and you can save documents into the Documents folder, where you will be able to access them from Docs To Go.
    02-27-09 10:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD