I'm trying to set up a new email address on my 8330. I tried to set it up from the BIS page on my laptop. I put in my PIN and ESN to set up an account. An account has already been set up. I don't remember doing it, but the lady @ the Verizon store probably did. So I requested my password. I got a message saying my account hasn't been set up, so I need to access BIS from my phone. HOW DO I DO THAT???
    09-04-08 10:41 PM
    go to set-up
    email settings
    and it should take you to your bis page (im on rogers so I hope this works for you)
    then click create new account
    09-04-08 10:45 PM
    I must be smoking crack. I don't have "set up", just set up wizard. I've tried going there, but the only options that I get for setting up a new email account are to set up an enterprise account or skip email set up.

I must be missing something.
    09-04-08 10:50 PM
    so I thought there may be a difference as I am running the bold and got rid of my curve

couple questions
    what type of data package are you running?
    what os are you using?

and if anyone on verizon can confirm if you need a store to enable your phone for bis please?
    09-04-08 10:56 PM
    I don't have a clue what kind of data package I have, all I know that it is unlimited. I think I have 4.3 - it's what was on the phone when I bought it. I can't even set up a stupid email address, I can forget about upgrading the OS!!!!

I guess this is what I get for being in a hurry and not doing everything at one time. I was just so excited to play with my new toy!!!!!!
    09-04-08 11:03 PM
    don't worry we will figure it out
    just wish I had a curve in front of me
    and I really need that last question answered

try navigate to the verizon bis page from your curves browser see if you can set it up from there
    09-04-08 11:05 PM
    This is from personal experience. When I got my first blackberry and I was trying to set up my email through the blackberry setup wizard it only had the two options you are being given setup with the bes or skip email. I called my service provider and the reason it was doing this was because I didn't have a blackberry data plan on my account. After they put the data plan on my account and I restarted my phone it gave me the option on the setup wizard to setup a personal email. I would double check and make sure with your provider that you do have the data plan. Like I said this was my experience with att. Hope I was of some help to you.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-04-08 11:34 PM
    thanks xodedexo18
    that is to my belief is what has happened to them as well
    happens a lot
    however can also happen even if you have a data plan which is why I asked the question
    if anyone from verizon can let us know if you need a cs rep to enable your phone to run bis

Missnaenae
    give a call to cs ask them to check your account to make sure you can use bis
    09-04-08 11:37 PM
    Your very welcome. Glad I could help yall some. Missnaenae make sure to give your service provider a call when you get a chance.

09-04-08 11:50 PM
    When you click the set up wizard, there should be a set up email option for you to select. And then follow the prompts and instructions to set up a new email account. I am unsure why you would not have this option - it should be there. Perhaps you do need to talk to cs. You could try to send service books to see if this will add the option for you. From your home screen click manage internet email icon, select service books, select send service books. Now go back to
    Email setup wizard and select set up email account.

If you want to add an exisisting email account from yahoo for example. Go back to manage internet email icon and click it. On the screen that opens, you will find the set up for exisiting email accounts. I hope this information helps, good luck

09-05-08 12:25 AM
    I just remembered you might also need to register your device: Go to Options, Advanced, Host Routing Table, Press menu, Register Now. After registering your device and sending service books, go to your email setup wizard, your set up option should be available for you to use. Good luck, again

09-05-08 12:36 AM
    Is the blackberry internet browsing service what I need??? If so, I have that.
    09-05-08 05:14 PM
    OK, I just checked and my data package is "Web & Email for Blackberry"

I KNOW I'm gonna have to go see the idiots at my local store (the same ones who erased my media card when they were trying to set up my blackberry the way THEY like it.) GRRRRRRRR
    09-05-08 05:20 PM
    SUCCESS!!!!!!

I had to call customer service and have them set up my BIS account. Now I have access and have added the additional email address!!! WOOOOHOOOOO!!!

Maybe in a few weeks, I'll get the nerve up to change my OS.

Thanks everyone for all of your help!
    09-05-08 05:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD