A month back I had a big problem with sprint customer service not returning phone calls , and to make me "unmad" they sent my wife a free black berry for her line and offered a second one at a very reduced price for my sons line. They gave me a 30 day time frame to order the reduced price one and I told my son he had to pay for it. he finally got the cash together ( within the 30 day time frame) and I called to order the phone for him and I was told they were NOT in stock.
    I was offered a pearl or an 8830 for the same price but he wanted an 8330 curve like mine. I asked if I could wait on the curve to be restocked and was told that yes they would extend the offer another 30 days, and to call back today to place the order. I then asked if I could just go ahead and pay for the phone ( already had an order # and everything) I was told that they could not take payment on an out of stock item, and that it would be no problem if I just waited until today and called in and completed the transaction. She THEN gave me a transaction number.
    I called today and the customer rep told me the curves were still not in stock and " HE DIDN'T THINK SPRINT WAS CARRYING THEM ANYMORE". i then called customer retention and was told that yes they were in stock but I had to pay full price for the phone because I have a spending limit ( $1200.00 which I am about $1100.00 short of reaching) I told her that I was offered the phone at a reduced price and gave her the order #.........She then connected me with a supervisor ( without telling me she was going to) and he told me ( ready for this) I SHOULD HAVE PAYED FOR THE PHONE WHEN I CALLED IN BECAUSE THE OFFER HAS NOW EXPIRED!!!!!!! I tried to explain that I TRIED to pay for it but he said there was nothing he could do and sent me to account escalations or something like that. They require you to leave a voice message and they then call you back WHICH IS WHAT STARTED ALL OF THIS TO BEGIN WITH.....SPRINT NOT RETURNING CALLS!!!!
    Anyone have any suggestions on how to get this done?
    03-19-09 07:23 PM
    A month back I had a big problem with sprint customer service not returning phone calls , and to make me "unmad" they sent my wife a free black berry for her line and offered a second one at a very reduced price for my sons line. They gave me a 30 day time frame to order the reduced price one and I told my son he had to pay for it. he finally got the cash together ( within the 30 day time frame) and I called to order the phone for him and I was told they were NOT in stock.
    I was offered a pearl or an 8830 for the same price but he wanted an 8330 curve like mine. I asked if I could wait on the curve to be restocked and was told that yes they would extend the offer another 30 days, and to call back today to place the order. I then asked if I could just go ahead and pay for the phone ( already had an order # and everything) I was told that they could not take payment on an out of stock item, and that it would be no problem if I just waited until today and called in and completed the transaction. She THEN gave me a transaction number.
    I called today and the customer rep told me the curves were still not in stock and " HE DIDN'T THINK SPRINT WAS CARRYING THEM ANYMORE". i then called customer retention and was told that yes they were in stock but I had to pay full price for the phone because I have a spending limit ( $1200.00 which I am about $1100.00 short of reaching) I told her that I was offered the phone at a reduced price and gave her the order #.........She then connected me with a supervisor ( without telling me she was going to) and he told me ( ready for this) I SHOULD HAVE PAYED FOR THE PHONE WHEN I CALLED IN BECAUSE THE OFFER HAS NOW EXPIRED!!!!!!! I tried to explain that I TRIED to pay for it but he said there was nothing he could do and sent me to account escalations or something like that. They require you to leave a voice message and they then call you back WHICH IS WHAT STARTED ALL OF THIS TO BEGIN WITH.....SPRINT NOT RETURNING CALLS!!!!
    Anyone have any suggestions on how to get this done?
    You can always go another carrier, or call back again make sure you get to a supervisor, ot better yet write Dan Directly
    03-19-09 07:30 PM
    Not close to the same issue but I left sprint for lack of customer service in a heated debate on coverage issues. I had to drive almost an mile away from home to just to get a signal & get connected to the network despite having a tower in sight. They called me a liar on several occasions until I left w/in 30 days. Since then & will forever hate sprint!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-19-09 09:30 PM
    that just sucks. i have never had a problem with sprint in the last 3 years or so. i would say to give 'em another chance to make it up to you, but it sounds like that was their last chance. i would definately say write mr. hesse(sp).
    03-19-09 09:36 PM
    Yeah quit Sprint and go with VZW. That's what I did.

03-19-09 09:48 PM
    I would say call back and make sure you get a supervisor. They leave notes in your account and everything should be in there.

03-19-09 11:13 PM
    On the most recent calls, did you speak with retentions or a cust service supervisor? If customer service, you will not get anywhere - ask for retentions.
    03-20-09 12:17 AM
    Oh boy...you brought me back to those dreadful days of when I used to have Sprint. Anyway...call Sprint...simply ask for Retention Services. Don't waste your time elsewhere. Once you get through, tell them that you want assistance or else you will take your business to another carrier. I know countless people with countless issues with Sprint, but whom refuse to leave because every time they call to complain they get put through to Retention services and get another couple of hundred minutes included in their plan or some other so-called "perk." Nevermind that getting coverage with Sprint in my area is a crap-shoot.

Good luck. However, if it doesn't work out...come on over to Verizon..a whole lot less aggravation.
    03-20-09 01:05 AM
    Ugh, I'm so glad I got rid of sprint. They messed up my bill by $500 one month and I called in to get it fixed. They were friendly and everything was good until my next bill. To fix my problem the first month the guy removed everything in my plan so I payed a la cart for mins, sms and data ($800). So another call and my bill was fixed. Again a month pasted and my bill was normal but they gave me a bunch of retoactive charges since "I was already into the next month when they fixed it" and I told them I wouldn't pay a bill until they fixed it all and sent me a paper copy for my records. They informed me that a copy of my bill would be $10...so I asked for the retention dept. They lady informed me that they would wipe my bill clean but since I hadn't paid my last bill I needed to pay $30 to reactivate my account or pay $600 to cancel my account (3 lines). I said that I'd like to talk to her manager to get this rectified and she said "I can't do that sir, either pay the reactivation fee or cancel your account". I said "I'd like to talk to you more about this issue" she replied "I'm sorry sir, is there anything else I can do?" I said "yes let's talk about this" and she hung up on me. I called back the next day and found out my account was flaged because I'm a "difficult customer" eventually after searching their site I found a promo package so that I could get my bill low enough so that continuing my account till the end was less than $600.

Now I'm with att. Love the service, they called me a day after I talked to their service dept to make sure that everything worked out and wanted to know if I need anything else. Can you believe it, actually checked up on me after I called cust service. Only 5 more months of stupid sprint bills but atleast I have great service with att.

03-20-09 01:54 AM
    I don't understand why people constantly bash sprint. Yes there are problems but that is the same with EVERY company. It over loads people to think that everything about sprint is bad because people are much more likely to bring up the bad then they are to post about the good. I have had problems with my bill before but one phone call where I treated the CSR like a person (it wasn't their fault that something was wrong with my bill so why should I be angry with them) and calmly told them what the problem was and it was fixed with millions of apologies.

I really like sprint. It is one of the cheapest you will find with a blackberry. Sure the phones are slow to come out but I find nothing wrong with my curve and don't feel the need to buy every new phone that comes out just to keep up with the Jones'. Any problem I have had with sprint was quickly fixed and they were right back to see if they could help me with anything else.

I came to sprint from T-mobile because I was treated horribly by the CSR's and people in the store because of my age (at the time I was barely out of high school).
    Last edited by wolf1989; 03-20-09 at 03:17 AM.
    03-20-09 03:15 AM
    I read up until he started ******** about the phones being out of stock and being offered another phone.

Now mind you, you have allready received a free phone for them not calling you back or what ever, which basically means your one of those people looking for handouts, and when you get em you only want more.

Proof of the pussification of america.

If you want another curve, man up and pay for it my friend, quit looking for handouts.

I understand they are throwing you through loops. Oh well, its not like they stole your money. They technically don't owe you crap. Man up my friend.

03-20-09 06:20 AM
    Ive been with sprint for a month now, they are working on an issue I have, and constantly call me to update on the issue, I dont see Sprint as being the ONLY problem, like another poster mentioned, there are issues with every single company out there,

I also dont understand the issue, he was offered a choice of two other phones too, but it was HIM that HAD to have the curve, do you want them to pull one out of thier butts for you? If they are not in stock, they are not in stock, as stated, he had a choice of 2 other phones, and they really didnt have to offer you anything.

I have gotten many many calls from Sprint with them trying to resolve my issue, perhaps its your attitude on the phone with them, who wants to talk to an uptight jerkface on the end of the line, not me.
    03-20-09 07:06 AM
    I'm with everyone else here. Every time I have a problem I contact sprint calmly, and they fix my problem right away. No need to speak with retentions or anything like that. I have had my fair share of problems, and have never had to speak with retentions. People just call them to get free things they don't deserve. They gave you a FREE phone, and your still threatenning to leave them? Some people just can't be pleased.

03-20-09 07:42 AM
    I don't understand why people constantly bash sprint. Yes there are problems but that is the same with EVERY company. It over loads people to think that everything about sprint is bad because people are much more likely to bring up the bad then they are to post about the good. I have had problems with my bill before but one phone call where I treated the CSR like a person (it wasn't their fault that something was wrong with my bill so why should I be angry with them) and calmly told them what the problem was and it was fixed with millions of apologies.

Really because I have yet to have any problems with VZW and their CS reps! They treat me like ALL companies should treat their customers.

If you don't treat your customer’s right then they will go else where, so you lose them and then you lose money! Most companies do not want that, but that doesn’t seem like that is the case for Sprint. I like VZW a lot, and I like the way they treat me. If something does go wrong I can call CS and they fix it right up. Also helps that I now have to pretty good bond with one of the CS reps!

VZW YOU ARE AWESOME!

EDIT:
    Also I'm not saying that NO ONE has NEVER had a problem with VZW, but really if you were to compare VZW and Sprint who would really have the BEST CS of the two?

*cough VZW cough*

I read up until he started ******** about the phones being out of stock and being offered another phone.

Now mind you, you have allready received a free phone for them not calling you back or what ever, which basically means your one of those people looking for handouts, and when you get em you only want more.

Proof of the pussification of america.

If you want another curve, man up and pay for it my friend, quit looking for handouts.

I understand they are throwing you through loops. Oh well, its not like they stole your money. They technically don't owe you crap. Man up my friend.

I don't think the OP is looking for hand outs. He would have asked them to GIVE him and free phone, but sprint OFFERED!
    Last edited by thinkamp; 03-20-09 at 09:02 AM.
    03-20-09 08:41 AM
    You learned a valuable lesson with calling into Sprint. Use their CHAT SERVICE which will log your conversation and you can then save it to your computer for reference....pretty simple. Anything ever happens, you have proof. Tough to do with phone conversations, that is unless they are doing it 'for training purposes'.
    03-20-09 11:12 AM
    I've been with Sprint for going on 10 years, maybe more. Sure I have had problems but we as humans are not perfect so I'm sure every other provider has problems too. I do think the OP should get what was told to him. It's not his fault Sprint messed up.
    03-20-09 11:26 AM
    Verizon has the best network and the best service. Time is money, don't waste yours on a company that can't get the job done!

03-20-09 11:48 AM
    I've been with Sprint for going on 10 years, maybe more. Sure I have had problems but we as humans are not perfect so I'm sure every other provider has problems too. I do think the OP should get what was told to him. It's not his fault Sprint messed up.
    I agree Tanker. I mean they "did" offer it to him. On the other hand, I have to agree with other posters about handling it calmly. It seems to work well. I just called in to Sprint for a billing mishap that happened when we got the two new 8330's in January. Not only did they wave the *accidental* activation fee charge, but also removed an extra $25ish for my "troubles". The fellow was very nice and it took me all of about 4 minutes to get on and off the phone.

I've worked in CS for about 15 years, and as someone else said, its always easier to deal with a calm person.
    03-20-09 12:51 PM
    I personally have always had great luck with sprint. One time we tried an Air card (had to return it because we had no signal) and they were very helpful. Somehow we got charged for the people who ended up using it after us and they took care of it right away.

Every time I go to the Sprint store we are treated great and they are very helpful. We have been there about once a week for the past month trying to decide what phones and plan to get. They were thankful that we took our time picking what would work for us because it would save them hassle in the long run.
    03-20-09 01:28 PM
    Verizon has the best network and the best service. Time is money, don't waste yours on a company that can't get the job done!

3 family members and 2 of my friends use Verizon ,They've have had customer care - phone replacement / coverage/ billing issues + their paying more and having to deal with Verizon crippled devices which sounds like a bad deal to me.

I guess every carrier isn't perfect
    03-20-09 02:07 PM
    First off I am not trying to get anything free. I had an issue ( up until this chain of events customer service has been great). to make up for all of the hassle I was given a bb and THEY OFFERED A SECOND ONE FOR $99.00.......I called in to get the second one and was told they were out of stock. I could take a different phone OR I could wait on a curve. I decided to wait on the curve. I called back in after the date they told me they would be available and now they are running me around. They do not want to honor the offer on ANY PHONE. Its not like I am pitching a fit to get what they don't have. In the last two days I have been told they are out of stock....in stock....not gonna be available ever........out of stock.......in stock only in black.......I can have one for full price then they will reimburse me later(don't have the extra cash to do this).........I waited too long......(on the line right now and told out of stock again) .........person to person to person with everyone agreeing that the offer is valid BUT they have to get someone else to do it, even getting this with the supervisors..........just hung up unresolved.
    03-20-09 02:11 PM
    Yes...every provider has it's issues. That is for sure. However, that does not negate the experience of those of us that have or have had serious issues with Sprint. Personally, they will never get my business again. It has nothing to do with their customer service. I actually think that their customer service is excellent. They were always helpful when I was with them and as I mentioned above, seemed to always be willing to make things right. It's their phones and reception that are garbage!! Again..at least where I am from. I can't speak for anyone or anywhere else.

Dropped calls were more than routine. Forget about reception in the mountains or on or near the beach. Now..I enjoy reception in these areas with Verizon. I shake my head in disbelief at my friends whom continue to do business with Sprint even though they will admit that they get terrible reception. When they call to complain the remedy seems to be....give the customer an ever increasing amount of minutes. Well, I can tell you that it works. These people stay on because they can't get a deal on minutes like they have with Sprint. So they continue to tear their hair out and complain. God bless them. I refused to do it and as soon as they allowed people to take their phone numbers to another carrier..I was out of there..and I have never looked back.

Is Verizon perfect? No. However the thing that matters most to me..good reception....has been OUTSTANDING!! So yes, I pay a little more. I'm sure other providers may be just as good, but no one can convince me that Sprint is one of those providers. JMHO. Maybe things are different in other service areas.
    03-20-09 02:14 PM
    Ever think of trying a SPRINT store???? They coulda got you a curve!!

03-20-09 02:23 PM
    I think field test in link pretty much says it all when it comes to coverage ,all carries have strong /weak points.
    Review: The Definitive Coast-to-Coast 3G Data Test

Sprint has much improved in CS yet still lacking ,customer communication ..examples ,Pulling Curve ,rom updates-device release dates with no sure answers from CS.
    Their hardware and firmware is the most stable with best rate plans available , excellent coverage so all isn't bad in Sprint land
    Last edited by Slingbox; 03-20-09 at 03:04 PM.
    03-20-09 02:51 PM
    Ever think of trying a SPRINT store???? They coulda got you a curve!!

yes tried that.....they were out PLUS could not match the offer anyway.
    03-20-09 03:03 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD