I upgraded today and have some advice for those brave ones who are going to upgrade or thinking about upgrading... PLEASE!! Follow the instructions! Save yourself alot of headache. I did not follow closely and had a few hang-ups that could have been avoided!!
    4.5 is great! Just make sure you are prepared to be patient!
    07-18-08 03:01 AM
    I have a sim free 8310 that I bought from carphone warehouse in the UK and I am using it on orange, the current OS is 4.2.

I am also on MAC, I have parallels though and it did work ok installing a theme yesterday although it did give me a scare when I had the "hanging circle" for ages afterwards but eventually it cleared ok.

I know about video and html email (which I'm not sure I need) but other than that what other reasons are there to go to 4.5? Also is there any OS between 4.2 and 4.5?

I am weighing up the risks of updating it via parallels, my 8310 is working just fine so I suppose my question is Is the upgrade worth it and what risks are there? i.e. could I brick the thing?
    07-18-08 03:45 AM
    I have a sim free 8310 that I bought from carphone warehouse in the UK and I am using it on orange, the current OS is 4.2.

I am also on MAC, I have parallels though and it did work ok installing a theme yesterday although it did give me a scare when I had the "hanging circle" for ages afterwards but eventually it cleared ok.

I know about video and html email (which I'm not sure I need) but other than that what other reasons are there to go to 4.5? Also is there any OS between 4.2 and 4.5?

I am weighing up the risks of updating it via parallels, my 8310 is working just fine so I suppose my question is Is the upgrade worth it and what risks are there? i.e. could I brick the thing?
    Its mainly little things that I notice other than the two above. A few other things are

Documents to Go
    Voice Note Recorder
    Birthdays in Contacts
    Easier to add friends to BBMessenger via pin.
    Small graphic updates here and there.

Those are a few that I noticed. May not be a big enough deal to you. I went from 4.2.2 to 4.5.

Don't bother with 4.5.0.37. When I installed that my phone got really slow. It was buggy. When I went to .52 it works perfectly.
    07-18-08 08:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD