hello! newbie in trouble here.

i installed my desktop manager and the media manger didn't load. i uninstalled and installed again, and again, and again. i finally got it on there, but i can't seem to open the media manger. i can synchronize everything else with outlook. but, i double click on the media manager and nothing happens.

i don't have a media card yet. i am picking one up tomorrow. is this the problem? i just wanted to put my downloaded ringtones on my phone.

confused. frustrated. tired.

going to bed.
    j~
    06-04-08 11:44 PM
    Could you explain how it didn't load? Did you install the version of DM that didn't have Media Manager bundled with it?
    06-04-08 11:51 PM
    Once you get a media card media manager will be kinda useless anyways, if you have the ringtones downloaded to your PC already just enable mass storage mode on your BlackBerry and then you can drag and drop the files on your PC right into the "Ringtones" folder on your device..

To enable mass storage mode go to:

Settings/Options/Media Card..

Media Card Support: On
    Mass Storage Mode: On
    Auto Enable Mass Storage Mode When Connected: Yes

Now your memory card will show up as a extra hard drive on your PC, once again..allowing you to just drag and drop files..ie pictures,music,ringtones,videos..directly onto your media card..make sure the files are inside of the assoc. folders though..ie pictures inside BlackBerry/Pictures...

Also as sunkast stated if having Media manager is a must make sure you grab the version that has it bundled with it, as their are 2 options on the BlackBerry site...with Media Manager and Without Media Manager.
    06-05-08 12:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD