so which one is best and have the less issues. I just got my Curve moving up from a Pearl. On my Pearl the .97 was a better OS. So i want to know what you think is better.
    02-16-09 03:45 AM
    I stuck with .119

It seems that .131 has too many bugs.
    02-16-09 08:17 AM
    If you don't mind the speakerblast, loading issues and lagging then go with .97. If you want to get rid of the speakerblast but don't mind the backlight lag and sizable memory leak, then upgrade to .131

I personally don't think .131 has as many bugs as people are claiming. Only a couple that I've seen (backlight lag and sizable memory leak). I was one of the original testers on that version. I installed/uninstalled it every way imaginable at least a dozen times on 3 different devices. I tested the living crap out of it and have yet to see any other issues besides the 2 listed above (that are directly related to the OS anyway). A lot of people are claiming there's a messaging lag (outgoing messages pend for up to a minute). I too have noticed this, but I personally believe this is a network issue because it wasn't present until just recently .

131 seems to work great for some and terribly for others (most likely due to install error or lack of wiping). I had more problems with .97 than most other versions of 4.5. The only other version that ran crappier was Verizon's .77 If I had to list my top three versions, they would be:

1.) .131 (Sprint official) - Decently snappy UI/browser, no speaker blast whatsoever, decent signal strength, has a couple of minor bugs that are tolerable (backlight lag and messaging lag), 10-15mb memory leak, only has loading issues (hourglass of death) once every few days for about 10 seconds.

2.) .119 (Sprint beta) - Extremely snappy and reponsive UI/browser, no lagging whatsoever, no loading issues, decent signal strength, 5-7mb memory leak, unfortunately it had a bad case of speakerblast. This version would have been my favorite if not for that ear busting, speaker fart!

3.) .89 (Alltel official) - Decently snappy UI/browser, no lags, awesome signal strength, only had loading issues (hourglass) every once in a while, had speakerblast unfortunately, 5-7mb memory leak.
    Last edited by 1 2 MaNy; 02-16-09 at 12:13 PM.
    02-16-09 10:53 AM
    Oh.....BTW, .131 won't void your warranty either. Like all other non-Sprint versions will.
    02-16-09 12:15 PM
    I myself have .66 and I am quite happpy with it. I rarely have a speakerblast issue, and I haven't really noticed any lagging either. That's the USCC approved update so I'm going to stick with it.
    02-16-09 05:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD