Found 4.5.0.102 for the 8320, just do a google search for it, was the first on my list
    i'll be updating tonight, been running tmobile's .81 having a big memory leak start the day at 29 and after about 3 hours i'm down to 24, and I don't have any apps except crackberry.

good luck
    clive
    11-04-08 03:11 PM
    I went from 22mb free on 4.2.180 (official T-Mo) to between 15-16 on 4.5.0.81 (also T-Mo official) with the same apps (I actually removed a game) and after a few hours on the internet if I don't check and do a battery pull I am at around 8mb and by the end of the day I am at 4mb. I also lost docs-to go because it wasn't working so I was told to remove and re-install it but DM won't let me update and re-install since it says there are no updates (even tried tricking it with the advanced button) so it doesn't give me the option to check and uncheck apps to add or remove except third party ones. So I have no docs-to-go. I was thinking of upgrading to either .93 or .103 but I have never uploaded a non-T-Mo OS before and definitely not a beta one because for some reason the JL wipe program never worked for me in the past and I'm not a techie so I'm afraid I'll screw it up and lose everything.

Is Docs2go and oh yeah, the memory issue really worth the risk? I am getting a Javelin/Curve 8900 as soon as that puppy drops next year, so maybe I should just hold off?
    11-04-08 04:43 PM
    been running .102 for 5 hours, and i have a bit of a larger memory leak than .93, but it runs faster... need to check ringtone volume...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-04-08 04:46 PM
    just did the update to .102 so far so good, the first time I ran the update, I got a fatal error, then DM would not connect to my bb, just rebooted my pc and reconnected, DM showed I had update available, worked no problem. BB is a little slugish but i'm sure that will pass in a couple hours as it has in the past upgrades.
    good luck
    11-04-08 06:57 PM
    i have installed the new os today and i havent had any problems, or any changes. thanks
    11-05-08 10:49 AM
    been running .102 for 16 hours so far, seems faster than .81 both beta and official tmo memory loss/leak it very minimal so far
    11-05-08 11:07 AM
    Well on my second full day and seeing a pretty substantial memory leak of about 6 MB over a 24 hr period. Will be watching that!
    Last edited by billsmetro; 11-06-08 at 10:02 AM.
    11-06-08 07:56 AM
    I upgraded again last night, (becoming an old pro and upgrading it seems LOL)

So far so good, although it was late last night by the time I got everything up and running, configured my apps again etc, it seems ok, but will watch it today, havnt really had a chance to test it out, however.. no noticible issues thus far

11-06-08 08:09 AM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD