Hi all - Need some help with my bb. Got an 8gb sandisk card, put it in (but it goes in really hard and the little metal piece to hold it in, seems like it won't lock down properly). Phone tells me I need to format the card, so I go through and try to format it - it locks up. Can't get out and can't shut it off. I have to pull the battery. Then as soon as I get it back up and running - it says that I have a card that needs to be formatted again. Help!
    04-19-09 06:02 PM
    Try reseating the media card. It doesn't sound like it is installed properly, with all the contacts properly set.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-19-09 06:08 PM
    Then I will need to take it to my provider because I cannot get it in any better. I have always felt like I was going to break it (putting in the card).
    04-19-09 06:12 PM
    Are you sure you are sliding the card into the holder inside the little prongs? If you are just laying the card onto the contacts then trying to close the holder clip over the card, that is why it is so hard to close.

You slide the card into the holder in the raised position, then lower the holder/card into the BB and slide the holder to the locked position.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-19-09 06:39 PM
    Yup - took the card out, put it back in ... Still won't format. It sits with the screen on forever and locks up.
    04-19-09 07:50 PM
    What os are you running? Will an older os support an 8gb card?
    04-19-09 07:54 PM
    I'm not sure if this is what you mean ... v4.5.0.138 (Platform 3.4.0.30)

I did an update before and it said that everything was up to date.
    04-19-09 07:56 PM
    Try formatting it on a computer first. Otherwise, try a different card.
    04-19-09 07:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD