I have the curve 8330 now but like the looks of the new 8900. I am thinking of changing over. I guess my big question is, wifi -vs- 3G, what is better for the internet? I surf the web allot and dont want to give up performance for style.
    04-17-09 08:17 PM
    it really depends on where you surf the internet. If you surf on the go you may be disappointed but if its at home over wi-fi mainly you will be ok. Good luck with your decision.
    04-17-09 08:24 PM
    Im always on the go, I better stick with 3G or so Im guessing.
    04-17-09 08:35 PM
    Take a trip to your local t-mobile store and try it out. You may be able to live with the speed difference if you can tell at all. It depends on how fast you really need to go.
    04-17-09 08:42 PM
    Of course, take consideration to battery life. Surely, you won't be browsing full HTML pages all the time. When you do you got Opera Mini. I found it fast on Edge. Fast as in exceeding my expectations.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-18-09 12:55 AM
    I am thinking of doing the same thing...I can get an 8900 pretty cheap...do the use the same chargers? Thanks...I am Verizon and will be purchasing off ebay...it says unlocked...will it work?
    11-30-10 08:34 AM
    I am thinking of doing the same thing...I can get an 8900 pretty cheap...do the use the same chargers? Thanks...I am Verizon and will be purchasing off ebay...it says unlocked...will it work?
    The 8900 cannot be used on VZW, unlocked or not. VZW is a CDMA carrier, and the 8900 is a GSM device. The radios in GSM devices will not work on CDMA networks.

The 8900 will only work on AT&T or T-Mobile (and some small regional GSM carriers like Cincinnati Bell).
    11-30-10 01:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD