have had my vzw 8330 for many months. usually have had good internet response. Lately, I seem to be experiencing issue of internet lag/timeout. have tried service books, ota update, etc. continue to have this issue with internet. anyone else experiencing this? any ideas as to what is going on? I called vzw last weekend, but they were no help. it is getting frustrating. i can't even get viigo to update channels, without timing out.
    09-07-08 06:26 PM
    pull battery for 30 sec, put it back in....

See how it works....

if not what kind of signal you have....
    09-07-08 06:29 PM
    i have tried numerous resets/battery pulls. still no luck. signal varies, but seems to be more 1x than evdo, yet i am in what is normally a strong evdo area. that is also a piece of the puzzle I am stumped on.
    09-07-08 06:43 PM
    what area you in......

have you called Verizon to see if they are having any data issues.

pages will load very slowly on 1x......

might be worth a call to them.
    09-07-08 06:46 PM
    I've had a similar problem, though not as severe on my 8830 (OS 4.2.2), using the bb browser. Even after trying everything you have, timing out and dropping to 1X way too often were still happening. I returned the phone and got a factory new replacement. The new phone's browser still timed out, but EVDO was much more consistent.

Going to Opera mini pretty much got rid of timing out unless memory is used up.
    09-07-08 08:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD