I have a Sprint 8830 and I have had it only 3 weeks. Several of the key's paint have started to fade. I have never had this problem with any device before. I called my company service rep and she told me to wait until the 20th and she will swap it out with an 8330. Sounds good to me! Has anyone ever had problems with their keys fading like this?
    04-08-08 06:47 PM
    A couple of keys on my 8820 have lost a little paint on the edges. But mine is also 7 months old with a lot of wear and tear.
    04-08-08 06:51 PM
    Nope never had this happen before. Are you doing like strenuous rubbing on your keys or something or keeping it in a place where its rubbing up against something?
    04-08-08 06:51 PM
    It is stored in the belt holster it came in. I use it regularly but I wouldn't say I abuse it in any way.
    04-08-08 06:54 PM
    i never had this problem on any phone ive ever had! wierd, but it worked to your advantage, going to be the proud owner of that beautiful black 8330
    04-08-08 07:23 PM
    It is stored in the belt holster it came in. I use it regularly but I wouldn't say I abuse it in any way.

I think the holster was the problem with my paint rubbing off. Now I only use the holster when I absolutely need to. I try and just use my skin at all times.
    04-08-08 07:26 PM
    I think the holster was the problem with my paint rubbing off. Now I only use the holster when I absolutely need to. I try and just use my skin at all times.
    i have always used the holster when it comes to my blackberrys, wouldnt use anything else, but you can always do a skin with a seidio skinned holster, this way your not putting it in your pocket and risking getting dust under the screen!
    04-08-08 07:29 PM
    i thought I was the only one who noticed major issues with the pear I keep losing logs (phone) email messages disappear,
    good I am not crazy yet
    04-08-08 07:52 PM
    I have been using my Curve for a month, and luckily for me, still no problem. I always use the holster.
    04-08-08 08:22 PM
    I have only heard of this paint problem on the 88XX series.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-08-08 08:41 PM
    Mine too after less then 6 mths of use!!! I want replacements. Have to find them.
    04-08-08 08:48 PM
    It is very strange. The holster could very well be the issue as it appears to only be the keys down the middle. I will definitely find a different holster when the Curve arrives.
    04-08-08 09:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD