Newbie here. My workplace is going to provide me with a Blackberry. I've never used any type of device like this. (My current cell phone is 8 yrs old...) I have two choices. The 8830 World Version or something they list in our catalog as simply "Blackberry Curve bundle" which appears to be the 8330. I was going to choose the 8330 b/c it has a camera which the other one lacks. They seem to have all of the same functions otherwise. Can anyone comment? (I don't have any other choices, just those two, unless I intend to purchase and pay for it myself.)

TIA
    01-09-09 04:24 PM
    I'd go for the 8830, prefer the "fuller" keyboard
    01-09-09 05:06 PM
    I'm the opposite. I had the 8820 WE for a bit and hated it. I love my Curve, though. Any chance you can stop by a store and try the models out before you decide?
    01-09-09 05:32 PM
    i cant stand the 8830 WE i had it and had nothing but memory problems with it... verizon switche dme to the curve and i have had such an awesome experiance with it.

the curve has more memory than the 8830 with verizon - 2x as much and while the keys are smaller, they are easier to use. the phone itself is also lighter to.
    01-09-09 05:35 PM
    I'm the opposite. I had the 8820 WE for a bit and hated it. I love my Curve, though. Any chance you can stop by a store and try the models out before you decide?
    Good thought. I'll see if I can manage it but it would have to be asap. I already chose the curve one just based on what I saw of the product descriptions, but then I came across this site and thought I'd ask. This is all new to me. Looks like a great thing though.
    01-09-09 05:45 PM
    The Curve is awesome. Great keyboard, camera, light weight and small. The 8830 has a very nice keyboard as well. I would go with the Curve because it has more memory. Now only if you were able to get a Bold...
    01-09-09 05:47 PM
    Unless you'll be doing a lot of international travel, I don't see much of a perk to the 8830 over the Curve. They seem (in my limited, but opinionated, experience) to be comparable as phones, but the Curve has some features I prefer and I don't really need the ability to use my phone in Europe since if I'm in Europe, I probably don't wanna be found. ^_^
    01-09-09 06:07 PM
    Yeah, basically just go curve. Unless you have a specific need for the 8830s international functionality, the curve will be more useful. (This coming from an 8830 user who doesn't travel internationally :P)
    01-09-09 06:19 PM
    I almost never travel internationally and like Quiara, if I'm in Europe, I don't want to be found. :-)

Looks like the Curve will be the one. I wanted the phone, though I can't really see myself using it much, it just seemed like a cool thing to have. But I didn't want to be making a bad choice on other options just for the sake of a camera I might not use.
    01-09-09 06:40 PM
    Had both... The 8830WE was always having memory issues. Once I got the Curve 8330 that problem went away. I noticed the keyboard difference between the two... for about 3 days.
    01-09-09 07:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD