Just got blackberry. Upgrading from standard low tech cell phone. Sprint rep told me about Wi-fi with smartphones. Got home and couldn't figure out how to connect. Searched google and found out 8330 doesn't have wi-fi capability. Sprint rep told me there is supposed to be an update to 5.0 sometime after Thanksgiving that will enable the 8330 for wifi or something to that effect. I have been trying to verify that somewhere.

Has anyone else heard that or know that to be true? If so, where can I see it for myself?

Thank you to anyone who helps in advance!!
    10-16-09 03:26 PM
    WiFi requires HARDWARE. The 8330 doesn't have it.

The Sprint rep was either mistaken or you misunderstood him.

The next BlackBerry CDMA DEVICES released are reported going to have WiFi capability.
    10-16-09 03:28 PM
    I was pretty sure that was the case...just making sure

thanks
    10-16-09 03:44 PM
    It's not uncommon for carrier reps to be ignorant of their products, and they were way off base in this case...
    10-16-09 04:04 PM
    I'm guessing the Rep was talking about the update to the curve not "for" the curve or in other words the curve upgrade which is rumored to be coming in Nov. The 8530 will be the newest curve and will have wifi. Most likely just a misunderstanding but possibly ignorance.
    10-16-09 06:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD