I recently had to have my 8330 replaced through warranty from Sprint for a dead speakerphone speaker. I had an 8330 with an ESN. They replaced it with an 8330m and I noticed that aside from Google mobile maps not working with my GPS , the screen seems washed out when compared to my 8330.

I did do a side-by-side comparison and the 8330's default sprint theme orange was actually orange. The 8330m's interpretation of the same theme was almost yellow. If I hold the screen at an angle (tilt the top back a little) the color seems to match more.

I played with the screen brightness in the screen options but it didn't change the color at all. Also, both were set to 100% brightness too.

Anyone else notice this? Is there anyway to adjust the contrast/color on the 8330m?
    07-26-09 06:30 PM
    Yes, I had the same thing happen to me except I'm an Alltel customer. I had a 8330 that was working great until the Sunday that Alltel converted to Verizon (about 2 weeks ago). I called Alltel and they told me to take it to a local Verizon store (Columbia, SC). They couldn't fix my phone and ordered me a new one. When the new one arrived in was in a box with almost no packing. It rattled liked a Mexican maracas. Of course it didn't work either. I took it back to the local store and they gave me a new phone, which they said they did not have three days earlier. The new phone was a 8330m. To make a long story shorter. The screen has a very yellowish tint. I didn't carry it back because it worked, after I upgraded it to the most current OS. Still very disappointed with this Alltel to Verizon change. I've been a very happy Alltel customer since my first bag phone from them. Things are not going to well with Verizon so far. I can also see that their plan for my family (4 phones) is going to cost more also.
    07-26-09 08:39 PM
    I just got a new one yesterday from walmart and compared it to my wifes 8330 esn curve and her screen is much more vibrant than mine. Does anyone know if all the 8330m curves are like this. Im pretty upset and will probably try an exchange tomorrow since im in my 30 days.
    Both phones have been set to 100 in backlight brightness but it does seem like the 8330m backlights did not all work correctly.
    07-26-09 08:41 PM
    i just noticed when i placed my 8330m under a bright light it did get as bright as my wifes, but when i took them both to a dark room they both dimmed. I figured it would turn brighter in a dark room and get dimmer in bright sunlight.
    I dont know any other way to adjust this.
    07-26-09 08:55 PM
    You can set it to whatever, the device will dim/brighten whenever it wants to...
    07-26-09 09:01 PM
    You can set it to whatever, the device will dim/brighten whenever it wants to...
    Thanks, SD. I know that it will dim and brighten to adjust to lighting conditions... I was just stating that both were set to 100% to make it "equal" so I wouldn't get 15 people telling me that I should check the brightness settings :P
    07-27-09 03:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD