I haven't found a solution to this yet but if there is one out there and I've missed it, please point me in the right direction. Thank you.

I'm gonna start off by saying that it's not a software mis-configuration. I have an identical phone and I was able to upgrade the OS on my phone to .169. I'm running Windows XP and it's real, no parallel systems or anything like that.

When trying to upgrade the OS on this problem phone, the process stops at "Connecting to boot ROM" and the phone reboots a couple of times. I read that wiping the phone would fix this so I wiped it and now I have a brick with the 507 error screen on it. When I attempt to upgrade the OS, same exact thing every time. I've tried this method (BlackBerry 101: How to Reload the Operating System on a Nuked BlackBerry)for un-bricking but it doesn't work as "PIN:UNKNOWN" doesn't ever show up, not even for a split second.

Any ideas?
    10-13-09 03:46 PM
    If you can't recover it, you can get another BB under warranty if the phone is less than 12 months old.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-13-09 04:54 PM
    Or, you can try to reload your OS through BBDM. Contact your provider, they should give you the info to obtain the software.
    10-13-09 05:00 PM
    Did you try removing the battery, as mentioned in the tip in step #2 of the Nuked BB procedure?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-13-09 05:08 PM
    Or, you can try to reload your OS through BBDM. Contact your provider, they should give you the info to obtain the software.
    By reloading, you mean an older version?

Did you try removing the battery, as mentioned in the tip in step #2 of the Nuked BB procedure?
    Yeah, that's where the brick doesn't actually display "USB-PIN:UNKNOWN". It's weird 'cause the guide says that I have to time it right but it doesn't show at all.
    10-13-09 11:30 PM
    There's a trick there, Remove the battery then connect your device then open the Loader.exe. You need to re-do this 2-4 times untill the USB-PIN:UNKNOWN will show. When the USB-PIN: UNKNOWN displays, click next then put the battery back. I did times trick 5-6 times already.

Best thing to do is Wipe using JL Commander then re-install the OS using the above guide.

HTH
    10-14-09 01:22 AM
    I have a problem. I am able to get it to go to a point, and then it bombs out saying that the E-mail file is not found. It is a CDMA unit.
    02-25-11 05:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD