Hey guys. I have a question. I have my friend's 8330. For some reason, it won't turn on when I charge it. It has a weird charger port. Could that be the problem? I tried a different battery from an old 8320, and it didn't work. Not even the red LED will light up. The screen won't do anything either.

04-28-10 06:27 PM
    It looks like the miniUSB connector may be broken loose from the circuit board. Depending on how it's built and your tools and skills, you may be able to solder it back.
    04-28-10 09:20 PM
    well was the other battery fully charged?? if not... and you don't want to solder it back you could try a charging dock..
    04-28-10 09:48 PM
    It looks like the miniUSB connector may be broken loose from the circuit board. Depending on how it's built and your tools and skills, you may be able to solder it back.
    I second this opinion. I've seen this before on other devices. It's not aligned, meaning that the BB was dropped or bumped while something was plugged into it. Probably droped onto the floor while charging and landed right on the USB cable, bending the port and making a broken connection to the circuit board.
    04-29-10 12:47 PM
    yup...wat those guys said.... deff looks like d usb port is not locked into place.
    04-29-10 02:10 PM
    And it's fairly common, one of the weak points of the miniUSB port. Concur that you'll need a BlackBerry charging dock that uses the rear contacts for charging. A repair costs about $80 to have done.

If you get it powered up and need to transfer contacts/Calendar because there wasn't a backup file, download set up a Google Account, and Sync the info that way.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-29-10 02:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD