does anyone know what to do with a blackberry when all that comes up is a white screen?
    12-11-10 08:23 AM
    Is there anything on the white screen in small print in the middle perhaps?

Presumably you've tried a battery pull already. Do you know the history of this device, whether it recently suffered any falls or anything like that?

Do you have any personal information on it?

Do you have a PC or a Mac? PC will make some things more straight forward if we have to go there...
    12-11-10 08:54 AM
    Sprint 8330 Qualcomm 3g
    don't know any info on it
    totally white screen
    i have a winxp laptop
    did try a battery pull already
    have the latest bb desktop software
    I think it might have gotten wet, but not for sure
    again, I was given this bb...
    when I tried to nuke it with bb desktop it stops at the password screen...
    12-11-10 10:36 AM
    Ask your friend if they have the device password. There are programs for the PC jl_cmder, BBSAK, and supposedly a newer version of jl_cmder. You can run a search of CB to find where to get them from.

Since you don't have any valuable data on the device let's try to wipe it with one of those programs, and then see if the OS can be installed.

If that doesn't work, I think i'd assume the device was water damaged. Unfortunately, at this stage of the game, major (screen, board, etc) replacement parts are probably going to cost more than the device is worth.

If all else fails you could pop the cover to see if the connector from the screen to the board is loose.

Or of course if this device was found, the best option would be simply turn it into the carrier, since the ESN is likely to be blacklisted anyway.
    12-11-10 11:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD