I'm recovering a customers phone from liquid damage and discovered she had some kind of bug in her phone. I used BBDM to backup then update her software. As usual, the program automatically restored the phone and the problem reappeared.

What happens is the screen powers up as usual and on the left hand side towards the top appears a tiny little icon i can barely read that says "Test". The phone will not allow me to get into the menu at all. After trying to delete 3rd party apps through the BBDM, and any content I thought may be causing it, it still had the same problem.

I finally used JL Commander to wipe it, and the phone worked fine. Then I went back into BBDM to retsore, but this time I did a selective restore. After a few attempts at slowly adding stuff, I narrowed it down to something in "Content". There are only about ten pics, no videos, and I know its not the SMS or MMS, yet the content states there are 64 items. Is there away I can isolate and delete Content items one by one? I would really like to find out what is causing this. Thanx in adavance.
    06-25-11 05:44 PM
    By 'content' do you mean 'media'?
    06-27-11 07:22 PM
    What is the bug exactly..?
    06-27-11 08:32 PM
    By 'content' do you mean 'media'?
    I take it means media, but thats just it. Its the BBDM term used when backing up and restoring. If I knew exactly what "Content" referred to I could probably go in an eliminate what the bug is. However, its got to be more than just media, because she only had 10 items and no video, but I dont remeber if she had any music. Regardless, the BBDM listed 64 items in "Content"; so there's got to be something else.
    06-28-11 12:48 PM
    What is the bug exactly..?
    On the Home screen it wont let you access any of the menu. When this happens a very small icon appears on the left hand side of the screen about 1/2 inch from the top. The icon is a very small square and in the middle of that you can just barely make out the word "Test". Very strange and havent seen this problem referred to in any other forum I belong to; so I figured I'd give you guys a shot.
    06-28-11 12:54 PM
    Well then I would suggest wiping the BB, reloading the OS, selective restore with BB DM everything EXCEPT content. See if that fixes you issue. If it does, you can then try to restoring just the content from a backup from before the errors appeared. Good Luck!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-28-11 01:15 PM
    Well then I would suggest wiping the BB, reloading the OS, selective restore with BB DM everything EXCEPT content. See if that fixes you issue. If it does, you can then try to restoring just the content from a backup from before the errors appeared. Good Luck!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Thats exactly what i explained I did in the first post. I just wanted to isolate the bug by separating the Content...I guess it cant be done...Another BB weird glitch.
    06-28-11 02:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD