I had water damage to my 8330 where the screen wouldn't light up anymore and the buttons stopped working, yet it still turned on. Sprint sent me a new phone but they sent me the 8330m. Just wondering what if any the differences are?
    07-14-09 09:32 PM
    Well if you use MMS you'll probly see imbedded pics instead of a link to a pic. That's one plus. There are some that feel there are drawbacks to the M but I can't remember them. Several threads on that topic in this forum tho so a search will tell all.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-14-09 09:51 PM
    M stands for MEID. RIM exhausted all ESN 8330s and went with MEID. OS's are different so be careful. It would be a good idea to do a thorough search and read through all the threads regarding the 8330m devices.

Edit: You can find a link in my sig on How to use the search which will help you narrow down the results and lead to more relevant answers/posts.

Good Luck!
    07-14-09 10:37 PM
    Well if you use MMS you'll probly see imbedded pics instead of a link to a pic. That's one plus. There are some that feel there are drawbacks to the M but I can't remember them. Several threads on that topic in this forum tho so a search will tell all.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I damaged my 8330 and Sprint (asurion) just sent me an 8330m. The only difference I notice is the MMS, no need to click on a link, which is nice.

Other than that, no problems so far. Although I should have gotten the Tour, oh well.
    07-14-09 11:43 PM
    Well the 8330M hardware supports embedded pic mail...aka MMS

also the newer device comes shipped with 4.5os so you will have html email and a word/excel/ppt viewer..
    07-15-09 06:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD