Why does the video on the 8330 suck so bad? Am I doing something wrong?
    12-17-08 12:42 AM
    Could you be more specific?
    12-17-08 12:57 AM
    Honestly, a BB is not meant as a video device... A BB is a communication device, and in the aspect it (the 8330 specifically) is fantastic. If you want a portable video/media device, may I suggest an iPod? Good luck getting your email on one though. You could try an iPhone as well, but from what i hear (again, I have not had experience, so don't hold me to it), the bb still kicks iPhone's **** in push email.
    12-17-08 01:46 AM
    Honestly, a BB is not meant as a video device... A BB is a communication device, and in the aspect it (the 8330 specifically) is fantastic. If you want a portable video/media device, may I suggest an iPod? Good luck getting your email on one though. You could try an iPhone as well, but from what i hear (again, I have not had experience, so don't hold me to it), the bb still kicks iPhone's **** in push email.
    Don't get me wrong. I love my BB. It goes everywhere I go, and I mean everywhere ... I've been using it for 9 months now and I can't see not having a BB, however, I used it this weekend to shoot a few short videos and they were very, very, very grainy. I was just disappointed to see this since everything else has been so fantastic. I can live without video, but since it has it, I'd like to see it better. That's all.
    12-17-08 02:24 AM
    Could you be more specific?
    Very, very grainy. This is the only disappointing thing I have found in 9 months with my BB.
    12-17-08 02:25 AM
    A) I hate having to title replies....

B)
    OK, I have to admit I have not tried the video capture option yet (extensively). The still camera has been "on par" with what I would expect of a cell phone, and I expect the video to be the same. I am assuming (and again i have not played with it myself) that you have experimented with all the options - quality etc...

That being said, i expect that the video may be sacrificed for physical size/memory. High quality video capture requires a larger lense and substantial memory. Movie cameras, even today, are quite large. Even home video recorder units are substantially larger than BB, or have substantially less functionality, allowing them to use all available space for video-related ciruitry.
    12-17-08 02:29 AM
    Where are you getting your videos?
    12-17-08 02:42 AM
    Don't get me wrong. I love my BB. It goes everywhere I go, and I mean everywhere ... I've been using it for 9 months now and I can't see not having a BB, however, I used it this weekend to shoot a few short videos and they were very, very, very grainy. I was just disappointed to see this since everything else has been so fantastic. I can live without video, but since it has it, I'd like to see it better. That's all.
    I think the answer is in the above paragraph.... "I used it this weeked to SHOOT a few short videos"... i think he is referring to recording not playback
    12-17-08 02:46 AM
    So you are referring to videos you recorded using your device?
    12-17-08 02:55 AM
    Have you tried upgrading your memory card? For under 20 dollars you can get 4 gb of memory for your phone, I did that today and the videos seem to play nice and crisp. What I am having problems with is the roxio software, seems like it is always asking for the mass storage device being on when uploading videos to the phone, but that option has been on when I do that even when I soft reset my phone I still cant upload any worth watching vids...
    12-17-08 04:14 AM
    I think if you're not using an additional memory card (and storing the vids on the phone) that they record and play back crappy. I set mine to save to the memory card and I can almost get to full screen size before it gets fuzzy. Being a cell phone, I think it does an extremely good job handling video.
    12-17-08 08:02 AM
    I absolutlely agree. The quality of the video recorder on the 8330 is pretty bad. It gets even worse when you email vids to people. Half the time they can't even tell what their watching. I have a 5 year old Sanyo 8300 that takes better videos.

The still camera is really quite phenomenal, so I don't understand why the video recorder's quality isn't a little better.
    12-17-08 08:51 AM
    So you are referring to videos you recorded using your device?
    Yes. I recorded myself.
    12-17-08 12:58 PM
    Have you tried upgrading your memory card? For under 20 dollars you can get 4 gb of memory for your phone, I did that today and the videos seem to play nice and crisp. What I am having problems with is the roxio software, seems like it is always asking for the mass storage device being on when uploading videos to the phone, but that option has been on when I do that even when I soft reset my phone I still cant upload any worth watching vids...
    I have a 8gb card.
    12-17-08 12:59 PM
    I think if you're not using an additional memory card (and storing the vids on the phone) that they record and play back crappy. I set mine to save to the memory card and I can almost get to full screen size before it gets fuzzy. Being a cell phone, I think it does an extremely good job handling video.
    I record to my 8GB card and the video still sucks.
    12-17-08 01:00 PM
    I absolutlely agree. The quality of the video recorder on the 8330 is pretty bad. It gets even worse when you email vids to people. Half the time they can't even tell what their watching. I have a 5 year old Sanyo 8300 that takes better videos.

The still camera is really quite phenomenal, so I don't understand why the video recorder's quality isn't a little better.
    My sentiments exactly.
    12-17-08 01:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD