But he wants wifi so he can have the option of getting his email without a computer.. that's his reason of wanting it. If he has the data plan on his blackberry then his emails will automatically shoot to his blackberry. Although he said his iphone didn't work at the airport. Not surprising from AT&T. I get the feeling if he had a blackberry with Verizon he'd probably be satisfied with all the places his email would come to him. Plus he wouldn't have to "check" his email no more. It would just come to his phone.

But maybe he wouldn't be happy with it. Who's to know? Comparing pro's and con's. I'd rather have verizon with their ev do service with no wifi rather than rely on AT&T with their 3g network and have the option of wifi.
    We get it.. you have a hard on for verizon and their ev do coverage.. just stop typing now cause you arent proving anything to those of us who already have formed our opinion of you and your "knowledge"
    04-20-09 12:53 PM
    Should we all get into an argument about the definition of the word "need" next? We all get it...
    04-20-09 01:30 PM
    Should we all get into an argument about the definition of the word "need" next? We all get it...
    Don't tempt me
    04-20-09 01:33 PM
    My wife with verizon and no plan pays less than 1/2 of what I pay for ATT w a plan. I hate to say I'm trying to save $$ here, but I guess I am. I'd hate to pay the "extra" for a plan if I don't need it. That's why the WiFi w no plan... but a BB <g>
    Frank
    04-20-09 01:58 PM
    My wife with verizon and no plan pays less than 1/2 of what I pay for ATT w a plan. I hate to say I'm trying to save $$ here, but I guess I am. I'd hate to pay the "extra" for a plan if I don't need it. That's why the WiFi w no plan... but a BB <g>
    Frank
    How much you talking here?
    Sprint has for 189.98 a month for 2 lines on their simply everything family that includes full blackberry, unlimited roaming, unlimited direct connect, and unlimited talk time...
    Can also got with Everything Data Family which is 130 a month 1500 anytime minutes, blackberry included, no roaming and unlimited text messaging (also unlimited nights and weekends starting at 7 pm for nights)...

I am just reading these right off sprint's website...
    04-20-09 02:05 PM
    Frank
    hmmm...

Well I'm not sure. But I know with me and my friends they made us get a 30 dollar data plan to have a blackberry. If we didn't get it we couldn't own the blackberry. As far as pay as you go I don't know how it works or if they even have blackberries on that.
    04-20-09 02:05 PM
    But I know with me and my friends they made us get a 30 dollar data plan to have a blackberry. If we didn't get it we couldn't own the blackberry.
    Yeah, from what I've heard, it is mandatory to have a Blackberry Data Plan on Verizon. Whether it is used or contract bought. So whether the BB has or doesn't have WiFi, you will still be required to pay for BB Data Plan, under Verizon.
    04-20-09 02:33 PM
    I am a recent Blackberry convert from Windows Mobile, and specifically the Verizon XV6800 which had wifi. I really wanted wifi on my phone when I bought it, but I have to say that in the year I owned the XV I only used it probably 5 times. It worked pretty well, and particularly in my apartment (not best signal) was a little faster than EVDO Rev. A, but I found that the data plan was more than adequate for my needs. I even tethered my phone to my laptop regularly and didn't notice a difference in the speed my comp viewed pages at least (i'm sure downloading files would have been a different story). Now, I do understand wifi being a valid alternative to a data plan as a way to save money, but I have also been told that you must have a data plan with all smartphones/BB devices on Verizon now. With the data plan option I just didn't really see the point of having it, and the lack of it didn't even cross my mind when I picked up the Storm.
    04-20-09 06:07 PM
    I am a recent Blackberry convert from Windows Mobile, and specifically the Verizon XV6800 which had wifi. I really wanted wifi on my phone when I bought it, but I have to say that in the year I owned the XV I only used it probably 5 times. It worked pretty well, and particularly in my apartment (not best signal) was a little faster than EVDO Rev. A, but I found that the data plan was more than adequate for my needs. I even tethered my phone to my laptop regularly and didn't notice a difference in the speed my comp viewed pages at least (i'm sure downloading files would have been a different story). Now, I do understand wifi being a valid alternative to a data plan as a way to save money, but I have also been told that you must have a data plan with all smartphones/BB devices on Verizon now. With the data plan option I just didn't really see the point of having it, and the lack of it didn't even cross my mind when I picked up the Storm.
    Well this might be true in your case.. the original question was
    Does the 8330 for Verizon have WiFi capabilities. Do any of the Verizon BB's have WiFi capability??

Thanks.

Frank
    and because someone had to put their 2 cents and state an opinion as wrong fact this thread got ridiculous..
    The answer is No... as stated in the 2nd post ... this thread should pretty much be done now..
    04-20-09 06:39 PM
    I would estimate around $ 600/yr difference between what my wife pays and what I pay.
    Frank
    04-20-09 07:01 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD