Hey all, been on this website tons but never really use the forums. Anywho im looking to upgrade my sprint 8330m due to a lack of updates and such. So I want the bold 9650 but do you think its worth a $200 upgrade? Bestbuy has some miniscule sales but hopefully by this sunday it will have better ones ( I doubt it)
    07-26-10 02:35 PM
    If you want to stick with a CDMA carrier, the 9650 is the latest and greatest. Whether it's worth $200 to you, only you can say. You'll have more memory, the ability to run new OSs (definitely a mixed blessing), more camera resolution, likely shorter battery life. You'll also have 30 days to try it for yourself.
    07-26-10 03:03 PM
    I upgraded to a Bold 9650 from a Curve 8330m.

I loved my Curve, but the Bold has more to offer. Better camera, more memory, faster processor, wifi, world-phone capabilities, upgrade ability (to OS6 upon release). It was definitely a huge upgrade from the Curve. (case in point, at boot my file free is 10x what it was on my Curve)

As JeffH said, the battery life isn't quite as good as a Curve but that's because it's got more going on in general. You can always get an extended battery if the battery life isn't sufficient for your needs.

Remember, Sprint has a 30 day guarantee. If you upgrade and decide you don't like it, return it within 30 days and they'll give you your upgrade eligibility back.
    07-26-10 03:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD