just got the 8330 curve and want to unlock it to verizon. it is a alltel phone and my service is verizon. any help, links, or posts will be nice thanks
    05-20-10 03:19 PM
    I tried to get VZW to activate an Alltel 8330 I purchased. They refused saying "it's not possible." I, however, feel it is possible and spoke with 3 different reps, and finally they sent me one of their 8330's to use (for free). So I guess bug them enough, and you'll get what you want, ha.
    05-20-10 03:51 PM
    Generally Verizon (and Sprint) refuse to activate a phone they did not sell. However, since Verizon has absorbed much of Alltel, you might be successful. CDMA phones are not unlockable in the same way that GSM phones are. There's nothing you or an unlocking service can do, other than attempt to talk Verizon into doing it based on their taking over Alltel.
    05-20-10 03:57 PM
    If you are on a Verizon plan on your Verizon account (as opposed to a legacy Alltel plan), then they will not activate the device. You need to get a Verizon device.
    05-20-10 05:27 PM
    just got the 8330 curve and want to unlock it to verizon. it is a alltel phone and my service is verizon. any help, links, or posts will be nice thanks
    Can't unlock anything that DOESN'T have a SIM card slot sorry. You can flash it, but you need to check with Verizon prior to wasting time and money if they will even consider activating a non branded device.
    05-23-10 02:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD