I have had this phone for about 4 months. Lately it had been turning itself off during calls. Then the red light is on above the screen and the little hourgalss spins round for anywhere from 2-10 mins before it turns back on to the screen where it says verifying security software. I have noticed that when I am on the phone the upload/download arrow icon remains on constantly during the call. I am not sure if this is normal. My BB says files free is 13048085 bytes. Would a hard reset (wipe it) fix this? or do I need to use the JL Cmdr and reinstall a new OS? It is getting frustrating not being able to talk on the phone. Thanks!
    12-06-09 06:36 PM
    It sounds like you have a weak battery that is dying during the call and forcing your phone into a power down. If it's only 4 months old, you may be able to get the store to give you a new one.
    12-06-09 07:12 PM
    Battery is fully charged when this happens soI don't think this has to do with the battery. and it doesn't drain down fast. Everything else works fine on the phone except when I try to talk on it. are those dl/ul arrow supposed to remain on during the duration of a call consistanly. They just stay on the screen and don't turn off at all.
    12-06-09 07:17 PM
    You have an app or apps open that are downloading or updating all the time. Make sure you close them out when you are through with them..
    12-06-09 07:21 PM
    how do I figure out what app it would be? Other then when I am making a call there are no arrows consistantly on the screen, they only flash occasionaly. It only happens when I am talking. The aps I have on my phone are Beyond 160, BerryBuzz, Empower Central (SMS pop-up), Shazam, vLingo and flashlight.
    Last edited by bb_girl13; 12-06-09 at 07:29 PM.
    12-06-09 07:25 PM
    plunkingtom is right. You have an app that is updating during your phone call and it's bogging down your phone. I know it's a hard choice but you need to go through and modify the settings on some of your apps or just delete some that you aren't using.
    12-06-09 07:25 PM
    how do I figure out what app it would be? Other then when I am making a call there are no arrows consistantly on the screen, they only flash occasionaly. It only happens when I am talking. The aps I have on my phone are Beyond 160, BerryBuzz, Empower Central (SMS pop-up), Shazam, vLingo and flashlight.
    12-06-09 07:32 PM
    Start by pressing alt and the back key to see which apps are open. There are 5 that run all the time. home screen, browser,bbm,messages, and phone.
    12-06-09 07:37 PM
    Ok hit the alt and back button. it showed 5 buttons. A little blue house (not sure what this was), browser, bbm, messages and call log. It sure doesn't stay on the screen very long to let you see what they are. opens up the one that it has highlighted right away. That normal?
    12-06-09 07:46 PM
    My 8300 Curve started doing this after 2 years - I would be in the middle of a phone call and then my phone would just shut off. Power button was unresponsive and the only way to get the phone back on was to do a battery pull. I wiped the OS out and reinstalled the OS twice with no success. Phone shows that the battery has a full charge and the phone has been fully charged. I have apps installed other than the ones that came standard with the OS install. T-Mobile tech support was little help, they kept telling me that the OS was corrupted, and that the battery was not an issue. I have no problems when running any apps, just when I am in a phone call.
    12-06-09 08:11 PM
    mine will turn back on itself without a battery pull. Were your dl/ul arrows on constantly during a call?
    12-06-09 08:22 PM
    Bbgirl you can contiue to hold the alt button and release the back button and the apps will stay there and you can scroll right and left.1hat os are you on? 5.0 would reset my curve if the call was 20 minutes.....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-06-09 08:44 PM
    I am using 4.5.0.175. What do you recommend I do? Wipe the whole thing and reinstall a OS? Do a hard reset? It is only showing those 5 icon on the screen when I hit the alt back button. Nothing else is showing as running. :S
    Last edited by bb_girl13; 12-06-09 at 10:52 PM.
    12-06-09 08:50 PM
    Is it normal for the upload/download arrows to remain on consistenly during a call?
    12-06-09 11:13 PM
    No it is not normal to have the arrows going. Are you in your service area with a good signal. What os are you running?

12-07-09 07:47 AM
    I have a very good signal. The OS is 4.5.0.175. I used to get an error of JVM 545 now I am getting an error of JVM 102. Phone will not even turn on now to the main screen. Just says JVM Error 102 and reset.
    12-07-09 08:20 AM
    Here is some information on the JVM 102 error.

JVM Error 102 -- BEFORE YOU WIPE YOUR SYSTEM -- - BlackBerry Support Community Forums

Good Luck!
    12-07-09 09:31 AM
    YES -- it is normal to have the arrows on during a call. Everyone who says no, try dialing a #, even voicemail, you will see the arrows stay on during the call.

I am doubtful that it has to do with an app bogging down your phone. What OS are you running? I'd try switching to a different OS and see if that's the issue.
    12-07-09 12:32 PM
    I still have the JVM Error on my phone as JVM Error 102. Can't do anything with the phone right now. Desktop Manager doesn't even detect my phone now. How can I fix this?
    Last edited by bb_girl13; 12-07-09 at 03:50 PM.
    12-07-09 03:48 PM
    Ok hit the alt and back button. it showed 5 buttons. A little blue house (not sure what this was), browser, bbm, messages and call log. It sure doesn't stay on the screen very long to let you see what they are. opens up the one that it has highlighted right away. That normal?
    To keep it up on the screen just keep alt pressed down.
    12-07-09 04:56 PM
    I still have the JVM Error on my phone as JVM Error 102. Can't do anything with the phone right now. Desktop Manager doesn't even detect my phone now. How can I fix this?
    Did you try the solution in the linked thread above -- using JLCommander?
    12-07-09 06:21 PM
    yeah I did try said "COM error during open Error: (0x80040001) Error:unable to open port" What does that mean? I can not use the phone at all anymore. It just keeps on trying to start and then shuts down then tries to start and shut down etc... What should I do? This is the first BB that I have owned.
    12-08-09 07:02 PM
    Try the saving a nuked bb instructions... I believe they are th the bb 101s.
    12-08-09 07:56 PM
    I did do that tutorial already. Said it loaded fine, everything was erased when it restarted so I figured it worked. Then I used the phone shortly after and it still cut me off during the call and the red light was on! Frustrating! What is wrong?

12-08-09 08:44 PM
    when you installed the os did you re install data and apps. If so I would reload it and leave apps and data off. If the problem is gone reload data still gone try apps one at a time... wait have you tried the phone with your sd card removed? Sometimes data is corrupted and you need to save to pc, reformat,reload card and it should work if it is card.

Is the device within its one year warranty? or 30 days? Insurance?
    12-08-09 09:28 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD