Hi everyone,

I have the curve from telus running v4.3.0124, I can't get the stupid thing to stream from m.youtube.com , i always get an error message. please please does anyone know how to fix this? I know sprint customers don't seem to have this problem but i read they have OS v4.3.0127 . Can i actually switch to that and if I do will that solve my problem or just destroy my curve.

Thanks in advance for any help
    06-02-08 09:57 AM
    Spoke to a telus tech guy today who told me that they were having tech problems for quite some time and to download core media player (windows mobile only)and then it will work as their software is designed to not allow streaming also confirmed to me that they did jam the GPS to work with only telus navigator but it is not company policy to say so and customer services reps don't even know about this. Senior telus tech was sister inlaws boyfriend so he told me stuff you can't find out over the phone. They jam streaming to save on bandwith and data. DIRTY DIRTY DIRTY. That is the problem with CDMA providers over GSM. They have to much power over their phones!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-08-08 11:34 PM
    Spoke to a telus tech guy today who told me that they were having tech problems for quite some time and to download core media player (windows mobile only)and then it will work as their software is designed to not allow streaming also confirmed to me that they did jam the GPS to work with only telus navigator but it is not company policy to say so and customer services reps don't even know about this. Senior telus tech was sister inlaws boyfriend so he told me stuff you can't find out over the phone. They jam streaming to save on bandwith and data. DIRTY DIRTY DIRTY. That is the problem with CDMA providers over GSM. They have to much power over their phones!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    To start, people are, generally, having success in using BB Maps and other GPS software on their Telus phones. So, I don't believe it is blocked.

Secondly, I wouldn't say that GSM providers are any better than CDMA. They can both put restrictions on the phones that can be activated on their networks.
    06-08-08 11:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD