Ok I have spent hours looking through tones of posts on this subject, and I still have no answer. When I bought my 8330 I was able to select roam only option under mobile network options. After I upgraded I lost that feature, which is understandable from the sprint point of view, but not from mine since I pay for nationwide unlimited roaming. Anyway what my bb dose is this, it will try to use sprint signal even if it is unavailable, when I finally get a roam signal and make a call it will drop that call and try to get a sprint signal. What I want it to do is get the best signal and use it, which is what the roam only option did for me. My question is has any one made a hybrid os to take care of this, or dose 5.0 have a roam only option, or can I set the application permission for one of the modules under core 4.5 application to stop it from favoring sprint signal?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-25-10 11:05 PM
    To my knowledge no one has succeeded in doing what you want. Sprint was supposedly cracking down on people who were forcing roaming on Verizon's towers as well.

If your reception is bad at home, you should look into getting an Airave.
    02-25-10 11:32 PM
    Rim has removed this option in all of it's operating systems. Carriers just aren't willing to pick up the tab for it anymore. I would suggest contacting Sprint tech support, and explaining your situation. They are usually pretty good about helping people out with AirRaves if you have signal issues. When I lived in Alabama, I updated my PRL, which caused my signal to drop. I called them, and was able to get an AirRave, and they waived the monthly fee.
    02-26-10 01:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD