In my profiles, I set it to silent when I'm sleeping, but under use active profile except for, I have the normal important calls, and I added my fiancee's number too. Problem is that when she calls when the phone is set to silent except for calls from her, the phone stays silent, it never rings. I thought that it was supposed to ring no matter what profile you have set when you put a number under the except for section
    Am I missing something here?
    02-12-09 04:26 AM
    It works fine for me but I had a little trouble getting it set right when I set mine up too. Make sure when you are on the exception page where you add the name of your fiance and the USE PROFILE that you set it to "phone only"

I was setting mine to the actual profile I was using ex: quiet or vibrate and I never heard the calls while testing. If you use phone only you will hear only her calls and nothing else. Give it a test......

Last edited by Tremortality; 02-12-09 at 04:47 AM.
    02-12-09 04:44 AM
    Huh so lost. So even if I'm set to profile "sleep" (one I made) I still pick phone only on the exception page?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-12-09 05:28 AM
    Mine works fine...everyone that has a custom ringtone is in my exception box.
    02-12-09 06:59 AM
    I believe the Exception numbers are set to replace the ringtones set for your profile, putting it in silent kills all rsounds regardless, I would say try the phone only, but that sounds like it will allow all calls to come through...
    02-12-09 07:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD