Hello,
    I have sprint 8330 curve with the official sprint 4.5 release on it.
    The other day I pulled my phone out of my pocket to check the time, and the screen was black as usual so i pushed the trackball and nothing. I then pushed all the keys on it and still the screen would not light up. I have done a few battery pulls, even wiped and restored the os with NO apps. This had happened once before but the wipe/restore fixed it at that time. As the phone sits right now, no keys will light up the screen, when i connect it to my pc everything lights up fine and when I remove it i can see my home screen. However when I try and move the trackball it works but i cant click into anything nor do the number keys or any other buttons do anything at all.
    Anyone had any experiences like this? Just looking for some ideas on what to do, I have exhausted all the options I can think of.
    TIA
    05-12-09 12:52 PM
    Have insurance through your carrier? Also search the forums on "how to recover a bricked blackberry" that may help you get your phone back to normal.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-12-09 01:31 PM
    If your BB is less than 12 mos old, you can also take it in for a warranty exchange.
    05-12-09 01:33 PM
    Have insurance through your carrier? Also search the forums on "how to recover a bricked blackberry" that may help you get your phone back to normal.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I do have Insurance, That was my next idea to exchange it. Will a backup I made on my current blackberry work on a new one? Or is it specific to each PIN?
    05-12-09 01:37 PM
    The normal backup will restore your contacts and messages/emails to your new phone, but you might want to do the 3rd party backup to be sure you catch everything:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/upda...updated-53201/
    05-12-09 01:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD