I am hoping someone has run into this problem. I upgrade my BB Desktop to 4.5 and then downloaded the Device Software OS 4.5 from Verizon's website. Well, for some reason my desktop cannot find the upgrade 4.5 to upgrade my Curve.

HELP?!?!?!?!

THANKS!
    11-05-08 08:42 AM
    Did you install the Device Software on your computer? You have to double-click on the icon you downloaded and have it installed on your computer for it to recognize it...

Hope that helps.
    11-05-08 08:43 AM
    is it the only device softward downloaded onto your computer?

Did you install in and run it?
    11-05-08 08:44 AM
    I am having this problem too. Spent the whole day on the phone with VZW tech support and BB support and neither one could figure it out...I finally gave up!
    11-05-08 09:04 AM
    I had the same problem and had to uninstall the destop manager and the other version of sofware on the machine. I then installed the desktop manager and the 4.5 upgrade and it worked correctly.
    11-05-08 09:21 AM
    You can try uninstalling the Blackberry software from Add/Remove Programs. Then executing the .exe of the download. Had to do this from a client's Blackberry Curve
    11-05-08 09:30 AM
    Still don't have a definitive answer to if you actually installed the 4.5 OS to your PC first. It won't work if you just dl the .exe without double-clicking the .exe and installing it to your PC. I'm not talking about Desktop Manager, I'm talking about the actual OS.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-05-08 09:53 AM
    did mine last night I 1st downloaded 4.5 desktop then went in and down loaded 4.5 for my bb. It made an Icon on my desktop seperate from the BB desktop one. I just clicked on the one it made and bang it was all done in a few mins loading and updating.
    11-05-08 11:28 AM
    ok, sorry I haven't responded earlier. I downloaded and installed the Desktop manager 4.5. I then downloaded, double clicked and installed on my PC the device Software 4.5. When I ran the Desktop manager it does not find the upgrade to os 4.5 on its own or when i go through the add/delete applications. I was also on the phone today with Verizon & BB support and they cannot seem to figure it out. The BB person said there was a similar problem with the T-mobile upgrade. I also did try uninstalling everything and reinstalling it and it still did not work.

Thanks for all the help so far and double checking me!!
    11-05-08 03:58 PM
    For what ever it is worth. I solved the issue. I uninstalled all BB apps from the 4.5 update to Desktop Manager. I then reinstalled Desktop Manager and then the 4.5 update and it all worked!
    11-07-08 07:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD