i have posted this previously in reply to user 'morphxxi's post regarding "Newest 8330 OS: v4.5.0.131 Multilanguage" (sorry, i can't post links yet...still a crackberry forum noob). just thought maybe this would get noticed faster than a reply to a 2008 post entry. i was attempting to fix my 'speaker phone blast' issue on my 8330. here's my quandry:

hello crackheads!

i have an 8330 with verizon and have had it for almost a year now. and i've been dealing with the speaker phone blast issue long enough. i was using version 4.5.0.119 for quite some time. but i want to rid myself of public phone calls so i am trying to upgrade to .131.

i have followed all the steps (including the 3rd party apps backup and the JL cmdr wipe) up to point of reconnecting 8330 with USB cable and launching DM. i have the '507' error on BB, but PC (using XP) won't allow me to update OS on curve.

here's what i've done after the JL cmdr wipe:
    1. connect 8330 & launch DM
    2. launch app loader
    3. displays 2 versions (4.5.0.77 & 4.5.0.101???) somehow my .131 version was replaced (because i connected to DM just a second ago, and it was showing a version .131. but then i closed out DM and it reverted to the .101 version?) and won't let me install it
    4. would only allow me to 'downgrade' back to .77 version.
    5. reinstalled .77 so i can USE the BB for now. thankfully that seems to be working (still installing...).

wtf did i just do to myself?! i'm going to try to walk through all these steps again. i have 4.5.0.131.exe file on my desktop and i have installed it AND deleted the .xml file that was mentioned before. really not sure what i've done here.

as always, thanks for your help in advance. not sure what i'd do without this forum!!!
    04-02-09 03:25 PM
    follow-up: (after 2 more attempts to install since original post)

i reattempted to install 4.5.0.131 from start to finish (to include the JL cmdr wipe). here is where i'm stuck:

- i am connected to DM and i am in app loader/update software
    - i see 2 options for installation:
    4.5.0.77 ('preferred')
    - i select .131, and click 'next' and it searches for device software
    - response comes back "No software update is required for your device"...wtf?! i have NO OS at the moment (BB still displays '507' error message from wipe)
    - try to go 'back', try to go to 'main menu', disconnect DM and reconnect...nothing works.

i am forced to reinstall .77 (and i had .119 before all this!!) and just live with it. this is just extremely frustrating. any suggestions??
    04-02-09 03:26 PM
    Try doing it running Loader.exe.

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader
    04-02-09 03:32 PM
    I'm not too familar with doing upgrades using the actual Desktop Manager.
    What I do is open up the Loader it self
    I believe it's . .
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research in Motion\App Loader\Loader.exe
    And upgrade like that.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-02-09 03:33 PM
    thanks wnm, thanks Yessee. trying the loader.exe right now. will update with what happens.
    04-02-09 03:36 PM
    Remove all other installed OS programs on your PC using Control Panel's Add/Remove Programs except the .131 OS.

Also, if you are using DM 4.7, remove that as well and download/install DM 4.6 instead.
    04-02-09 03:44 PM
    Good points X.
    04-02-09 03:47 PM
    i've completed the install, now the phone is powering up...and it has .131 installed! thanks for the info guys & gals.

and FYI, i didn't have to remove the previous OS versions from my PC before installing .131. luckily, it just loaded .131. and i did it using DM 4.7 also. guess i just got lucky with that one.

just for kicks, why did you suggest DM 4.6 xliderider?
    04-02-09 04:08 PM
    and...after a couple phone calls to the BB, .131 seems to have fixed the 'speaker phone blast' issue for me also.

today is a good day indeed.
    04-02-09 04:11 PM
    just for kicks, why did you suggest DM 4.6 xliderider?
    Because DM 4.7 was designed for the newer models like the Bold, Storm, and 8900. Some ppl have had problems using DM 4.7 with the Curve and Pearl, especially when doing OS upgrades/installs.

Also, DM 4.7 checks the internet for official OS updates for your carrier/device, so it may not load unofficial OS files to your BB unless you disable the internet before trying.
    Last edited by xliderider; 04-02-09 at 04:22 PM.
    04-02-09 04:13 PM
    ah, good to know X, thanks. i was not aware of those issues.
    04-03-09 08:00 AM
    Glad it worked out for you.
    04-03-09 08:32 AM
    Guys, This is my first time here and I'm a first time Blackberry user & I know if I don't get a solution here I will not be able to get it anywhere else, I'm frustrated as ****, here what happened I bought a Brand New T-mobile Curve 8320 model from my friend, This phone is unlocked So I could use it with my ATT, the problem was it shuts off automatically if I use my Sim Card every every 10 seconds(It was working perfectly with T-mobile Sim), I thought the problem was with the OS on the phone So what I did I wiped the whole OS by using (GL_CMDR), tried to load the new OS from ATT 4.5 version several times (DM 4.6V) including software from T-mobile. I tried to load the OS from c:\program files\common files\research in motion \apploader , took the battery out tried that way still nothing works( this is the message I receive-The Blackberry desktop software does not have Blackberry Device software for the device that you have connected to the computer. Contact your wireless service provider or system administration) and I still have #507 message on the phone. Please help
    04-04-09 02:49 PM
    After you downloaded the OS to your PC, did you install it? It sounds like you didn't install the OS. If you check Control Panel, Add/Remove Programs, you should see 2 Blackberry software programs, DM 4.6 and your OS file.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-04-09 02:54 PM
    I have DM V4.3(Some one suggested that might work since V 4.6 did not work) and I have v 4.5.0 for device software installed
    04-04-09 03:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD