When I have my BBy on the USB cable connected to my laptop, if someone calls me it does not ring. When I disconnect my phone to leave my offce I notice that I have missed calls.

I can't figure it out for the life of me...
    While at home and plugged into the wall charger it will ring when someone calls me.

Nothing special on my BBY but a Vista Theme and Normal Profile active. I do not have Desktop Manager running at the time.

What am I missing? I don't see any place to make a change.

ThanX
    Last edited by Cursed; 10-01-08 at 12:44 PM. Reason: Spelling
    10-01-08 11:08 AM
    There's a setting on the Desktop Manager where this can be changed. Sorry, can't for the life of me remember where, but cruise through the different settings and see if you come across it.
    10-01-08 11:15 AM
    Sync on DM and you should see options to choose from on the left side. Its somewhere in one of those.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-01-08 11:28 AM
    DM ver4.5

Ran the sync and can not find any setting for data connection.

Last edited by Cursed; 10-01-08 at 12:24 PM.
    10-01-08 12:19 PM
    My phone will revert back to the defaul ringer when hooked up to my laptop. The normal ringer is on the sd card and the laptop controls the sd card when connected.

10-01-08 03:35 PM
    My phone will revert back to the defaul ringer when hooked up to my laptop. The normal ringer is on the sd card and the laptop controls the sd card when connected.

Store the ringtone to the device memory instead of the media card.. Cursed, see if that works also for you.
    10-01-08 04:19 PM
    DbleK55 / SK1

Sounds like you've got onto something. I'll check and see if I can store custom ringtones to device memory and off of my SD Card. As I have deleted all default tones with DM.

ThanX
    10-01-08 07:05 PM
    It doesn't bother me since mine is rarely hooked up to my laptop. I mainly use bluetooth to sync and a charging stand. I just figured it might be similar to the problem that the op was having.

10-01-08 08:50 PM
    OK, managed to copy a ringtone over to the device memory. No go..
    Even re-named it to default, still does not work. I will look at a co-workers tomorrow and try to rename it exactly the same.

The one thing I did notice, even though I copied it to the device's memory. It does not show up under Preloaded Ring Tones.
    10-01-08 08:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD