I'm not sure if anyone else has posted a similar thread or not but I wanted to see if any of you had any answers..

I have the 8330 Curve, running on OS 4.5.0.138 on VZW

I have noticed that ever since the newest Facebook upgrade was installed I tend to get the hourglass of death (even when I'm not in the program, but have it running in the background to get my messages) and then a memory error. I have had to do battery pulls numerous times (roughly once or twice a day) because I get impatient with how its acting. I deleted pretty much any app I could to make sure it wasnt a memory issue yet it still is acting up. Any suggestions on what may be wrong? I'm thinking of calling VZW and seeing what they have to say but I have a feeling they will just tell me to upgrade to their new Bold or something with more internal memory and see if that works.

I love my Curve and dont wanna part with her yet cuz I have heard talk of a new Blackberry coming out this Holiday season thats supposed to be similar to the Torch.
    08-26-10 05:00 PM
    I just saw theres an update for 4.5.0.175 so I'm going to do that and see if it helps
    08-26-10 05:04 PM
    Go to Options>Status. Whats does the the file free say?
    08-26-10 05:58 PM
    File Free: 31603556 bytes
    08-26-10 06:10 PM
    I've had others tell me that their Blackberry has been acting up since the Facebook update as well..
    08-26-10 08:45 PM
    Mine has been acting up since updating Facebook as well.

Receiving error message ---> Uncaught exception:java.lang.OutOfMemoryError
    09-01-10 12:41 PM
    Yea, thats the error I was getting. I did the OS update that was available and I havent really been having that issue since (so far atleast).
    Try going to Options > Advanced Options > Wireless Updates and check for updates. If theres an OS update available, backup all your stuff and do it and see if that helps.
    09-01-10 01:26 PM
    only problem i had which is seldom since the update is the photo upload
    09-01-10 03:06 PM
    I get this too...I never got it then upgraded to FB 1.8 now get it all the time!!! I can't update the BB OS because my cell provider can't support it yet...annoying...can I switch back to the earlier version of the FB app?
    09-17-10 01:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD