Hello everyone! I just got my curve delivered today, and it kind of has a weird problem. The very top of the lens cover doesn't sit flush with the rest of the phone. If I push it down it makes a little squeaky sound. Then it will stay down for a little while but gradually comes back up. I don't think it is going to fall off or anything, but it really bothers me. I would rather fix it myself than go through all the hassle of sending it back. But I can't figure what is holding it down (or what's NOT holding it down as the case may be). Are there some screws I should tighten? Or should I put some super glue on it? Pound it down with a hammer? Just kidding about that, but I appreciate any help!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-23-09 09:42 PM
    I would not worry why or what is causing it to not seat properly, I would contact whoever you purchased the phone from and explain the problem to them, make sure you tell them you want a new, not refurbished phone.
    02-23-09 09:55 PM
    Sounds like the phones glue thats beneath the rim of the lens has not been applied correctly or may not be there at all. Contact the person that sold it to you immediately.
    02-23-09 10:11 PM
    Well I went against everyones better judgement. Through a very painstaking process, I glued the corners of the lens cover down with some loctite repair glue that I happened to have laying around. I did it last night and I think its actually going to hold. The cover is laying flat and there is hardly any give when I push it down at the edges! Thanks for all the advice!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-24-09 08:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD