I have a Curve 8330 through Sprint.
    About a month ago, I realized one day that I hadn't gotten an email in over 4 hours. I was actually sitting in front of my computer, so I "got" my email, but not on my phone.

Since then, about once a day, it's happening again. I can text, I can go online, all my apps work EXCEPT email and BB Messenger.

I talked to Sprint and they tell me to turn it off, take out the battery, turn it back on. Well, now that seems to work only for an hour or so.

I've had the phone since July and just agreed to a new 2 year contract in order to get 2 months free service, so I don't think I'm eligible to get a new phone (even though the Tour for $99 is nice!).

Does this happen to anyone else? I don't believe it's a Sprint issue because my husband's phone works just fine. It's just my phone.

Any suggestions?
    Thanks!
    10-18-09 12:04 PM
    Are you on the latest official OS release from Sprint? This may have something to do with your service issues.

If you are on the latest software, I would push back on Sprint to get a replacement device and see if you have better luck with that.
    10-18-09 12:08 PM
    Not to sound dense, but where would I find that out?
    Under options it says, v4.5.0.131(Platform 3.4.0.25)

I also see that there might be an outage today based on other threads, but this isn't just a "today" thing or I would chalk it up to that.
    10-18-09 12:12 PM
    That happened to my Verizon Curve 8330 once. I didn't receive my emails for hours....next morning I woke up it was wokring again. Never figured out why, I asked other verizon users and their emails were working fine...
    10-18-09 12:23 PM
    Also, I'm sure you already know this but, just in case.....mine is set up so if my email box is open on my pc where I am already retrieving my emails, I will not receive the email on my phone. If I do I notice it magically dissapears, I guess it's deleting itself out since I have already opened it up on my regular email.

I'm sorry if you already know that and I'm making you feel "dense," lol.....but some people don't know that yet.

Or maybe there's actuallysoething wrong with MY phone???? Oh i don't know....
    10-18-09 12:30 PM
    Hopefully, it was just a service issue. Keep an eye on the network indicator, if it drops down to 1x, or 1xev, you cannot receive emails because you aren't connected to the RIM servers:

Network status indicators for BB on CDMA networks

You need to be on 1XEV or 1X to receive emails properly.

FYI, a proper reset is done by taking the battery out while the power is still on. Don't power the BB down before taking the battery out. Once the battery is out, wait at least 30 seconds before putting it back in.

Also, your profile says you have an 8300. You have either an 8330 or an 8330m. Check your Options, About screen for your device.
    Last edited by xliderider; 10-18-09 at 01:37 PM.
    10-18-09 01:35 PM
    Are you connected to an email server or a webmail server?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-18-09 02:40 PM
    To answer some of the questions:

Mine is set to receive emails on both PC and phone and will when it's working.

It's now 7pm here and the phone will ring and texts will come through, but no BBM or email since 9am this morning.

It is the 8330, I set up my profile wrong. Will go and change that now.

I believe it's just webmail? It's Gmail and AOL. It's not a corporate-based email account. I'm self-employed and my assignments come through email, so I'm feeling kind of lost when I have to leave the house because if my emails don't come through, they go to the next person on the list to see if they want the work.

I will try resetting the phone one more time, per the directions above (while the phone is still on) and see what happens.

Thank you all for your responses!
    10-18-09 05:57 PM
    I would suggest calling up Sprint, and having the phone replaced if the issue continues.

Keep in mind, Sprint is having BIS issues today, known issue, so dont base any of your results on today, as no solution will work until Sprint fixes the issue on their end.
    10-18-09 05:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD