I'm not sure if this is a software issue or a hardware issue, but heres whats going on:

Earlier today I went to check my phone. I noticed I had missed a text message when I went to check it my phone would just go to the call log not the inbox. I tried a few different apps and features but everything just took me back to the call log.

I pulled the battery and turned my phone back on. When my phone finally came back on it would just randomly shut off and not turn back on unless I did another battery pull.

After a few times of going through this it came on, only now I could only select things on the home screen with the trackball. I couldn't access anything or dial a number.

I get home and try reinstalling the OS, same problem. I tried downgrading and this time when it came back on nothing worked (trackball, keys). I went back to the OS I was running, then tried going to a newer version, and still nothing.

At first I thought it was a software issue, but now I'm thinking it may be the keyboard and trackball. Maybe even a combination of the two. There's no water damage that I'm aware of (the sticker is white). I hadn't dropped the phone or hit it against anything. Any advice you can give me to try and get my phone working again would be greatly appreciated.
    06-13-10 12:03 AM
    I suggest you take it to your carrier and have a tech look at it. How long have you had it? There is a one yr mfg warranty on the device and if you have insurance that is a good idea. It sounds like it is something a tech needs to check out. And if under warranty a replacement will be sent to you if the store doesn't have one.
    06-13-10 12:40 AM
    Check your free file memory. Sounds like it's maxed or your Os is toast. There is a post here on CB for booting your phone into Safe mode. Just do a search for Safe Mode for your model.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-13-10 10:20 AM
    Sounds like a hardware issue that it is registering everything as the call log. That is very odd.

Personally I would take the device to the carrier since you have already tried a hard reset and soft reset of the device. Since none of that has worked, I would imagine it to be faulty hardware.
    06-13-10 10:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD