I just want to let all of you know that the 8330 housing fits on the 8320 phone perfectly.

LED:
    The LED light hole is in the correct position. Let me explain. The 8320 LED hole on the housing has a piece of prism to re-route the lighting from the LED to the upper part of the housing. The 8330 housing LED hole is in the correct position where the LED is actually located on the board, which doesn't use the prism piece to relocated the LED.
    Thus, the LED shines directly at the hole, which is actually more blinding than with the 8320 housing. It's like looking directly at an LED. This means that the LED light on BOTH the 8330 and 8320 boards are in the same position, but only the housing on the 8320 re-routes it. The sunlight sensor even works. It still dims your screen in the bright light, and dims in the dark.

General housing:
    All you need is the front faceplate and keys. THAT'S it!
    But since you want all your colors to match, you only need the front faceplate, keys, battery cover, and the bottom piece which had your original mobile service logo (ex: T-mobile).

Speaker rubber:
    This piece needs to be removed on the 8320 since the 8330 housing sits closer to the board. The 8320 ear speaker has a rubber piece which keeps a seal between the speaker to the 8320 housing. Since the 8330 housing sits closer, this needs to be pulled off. All you need to do is pull it off.

Conclusion:
    Myth about housings not interchangeable has been busted. Parts fit perfectly and LED shines brighter than with the 8320 housing.
    Last edited by RIMTUCK; 02-07-09 at 01:01 PM.
    02-07-09 12:58 PM
    Good info. Also posted here, with some nice pics:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/833...8310-a-149425/
    02-07-09 01:06 PM
    Oh. He beat me to it. LOL. I was researching for months, and finally decided to order one after no one ever confirming if it worked. Waited 15 days to get the housing, so I guess he attempted during the time I waited.

Thanks for the link.
    02-07-09 01:30 PM
    It takes brave souls like you to do the experimentation that makes it easier for others that follow. Previously, ppl were modding their cases to take the angled keys of the 8330 by grinding the lower corners of the lens and housing.
    02-07-09 01:37 PM
    Thank you very much for posting this info! I was hesitant to do this but you are a brave soul! Thanks again for the info, off to do mine!
    02-13-09 01:48 AM
    All done! One thing that you may need to look at, when you have the new housing on, the sim card slot underneath the battery is half covered. I just broke off enough of the back to make the sim slot openable.
    02-16-09 10:23 PM
    I didn't have a problem with the sim card being covered.
    Did you switch the middle housing also? I used the original middle housing.
    02-16-09 10:29 PM
    oh hey im also interested in the 8330 housing on my 8320 do you have any pictures of it ?
    02-23-09 05:22 PM
    oh hey im also interested in the 8330 housing on my 8320 do you have any pictures of it ?
    Click on the link in post #2 for another thread with pics.
    02-23-09 05:23 PM
    Very good info. Seen this asked a few times and never knew
    02-23-09 06:13 PM
    I know this is a dumb question but will a 8320 housing fit on a 8330? Thanks
    02-25-09 09:28 PM
    I know this is a dumb question but will a 8320 housing fit on a 8330? Thanks
    Why would you want to do that? Lol

It should work... But you need to replace the keyboard tray, the part with the home row top keys as well. They are different shaped and not interchangeable.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-25-09 10:04 PM
    I was thinking of putting the orange housing on but I started to look at them a little closer and saw that things were a little different. Thanks
    02-25-09 10:07 PM
    First off, thanks for the helpful post. I've always wanted to install the 8330 housing on my 8320 but was upset by the previous "myths". So thanks again, now i'm on the process of purchasing an 8330 housing for my 8320 but I was wondering if the 8330 side rails and bottom clip are a universal fit for all blackberry curves (8300,8310, and specifically the 8320). I'm going to be keeping my 8320 central housing as it is, so all I'll be changing is the front housing, back door, side rails, keypad, etc., everything but the center housing. I really want to get the side rails switched up as they've received some beatings. I'm planning on purchasing an 8330 housing that comes with the side rails and a "bell" bottom clip. I'd like use the 8330 side rails but i'm unsure if they'd fit, and I also want to keep my 8320 "T-mobile bottom" clip to use on the 8330 housing. Don't know if all that would work out. I'm not all that keen on buying new side rails either if I can't use the 8330 side rails that come with the housing i'm about to buy.

Thanks again for your post, and thanks in advance for any help that anyone can offer.
    03-13-09 06:25 AM
    Everything should be the same between both of them except anything to do with the front (front face, keys, screen).

But everything else is the same (sides, back, bottom clip).
    03-13-09 08:57 AM
    Everything should be the same between both of them except anything to do with the front (front face, keys, screen).

But everything else is the same (sides, back, bottom clip).
    Thanks for the note, I'll order the housing within this week on the next and post up how it turns out. I'll try to include some pics if it succeeds. Thanks again
    03-14-09 02:35 AM
    Sorry new to this but does anyone have a solution for downloading slingbox/ mobile to the 9500?
    I have tried however the mobile.slingmedia site tells me i does not support my phone model. With that in mind I am thinking there is still a way because I use slingbox on my nokia E90 which that particular model is not listed on the site however it still worked. Is this not the case for the 9500 blackberry?
    03-14-09 02:40 AM
    Man I'd use the 8330 housing to get that ninja phone stealth-a-ma-jig 8320 look but I don't like the extended height of the 8330's lens. But if I want the black buttons, can't complain.

03-14-09 04:48 AM
    Thanks for the note, I'll order the housing within this week on the next and post up how it turns out. I'll try to include some pics if it succeeds. Thanks again
    Well i just bought the housing from ebay seller gsm4world, i hear they have high quality housings. It was only 39.99 with free shipping for the full housing, side rails included as well as the track ball and keypad. Mine is coming in true black with the black trackball. Looking forward to it, wish me luck. I'll post up pictures of the completed phone.
    03-19-09 01:20 AM
    If you take your side rails off be careful, ppl say the plastic tabs are easily broken. Also, watch out for the earphone jack. Ppl have had problems after changing housings w/the earphone jack not working.

And lastly, be very gentle with the small T5 screws or they'll break.

Basically, take your time and don't force anything.

03-19-09 01:26 AM
    Thanks for the heads up xliderider, i actually made the call for the black 8330 housing by inspiration of your 8330. I do have a question for you actually. I read from one of your post that you bought your housing from gsm4world as well? Was the housing actually a solid true black, or did it look kind of glittery black as do some of the other black housings from other sellers on ebay. From the pictures provided on their listings as well as the pictures you have of your phone, i came to the assumption that it was a true black. Do you think you could clarify for me if this is the case?

I do realize it's too late to turn back now though since i've already paid..haha...i've just been dying to know for certain. Thanks
    03-19-09 01:45 AM
    It's a true black plastic, no paint on this housing. It is glossy, but no glitter at all.

03-19-09 01:49 AM
    It's a true black plastic, no paint on this housing. It is glossy, but no glitter at all.

Thanks for the info, you've been a great help.

03-19-09 01:53 AM
    wonder if an 8350 housing would fit?
    03-19-09 08:35 PM
    Humm i removed the rubber thingy under my ear piece, and now the volume isn't as loud as it use to be it's turned all the way up... :-( anyone else had this happen???
    05-11-09 02:59 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD