Had my 8330 for about 2 weeks. Just started having problems yesterday with it freezing up. The hourglass will sit and turn for awhile before doing anything. Even when a new call comes in, the phone will vibrate well before the new call screen shows up. I don't have a memory card, but I also don't have any pics or music downloaded. memory is fine. I don't know what else to do . I'm about to take it back. HELP!!
    11-06-09 09:55 AM
    You may just need to reset the who phone by pulling the battery out.
    11-06-09 09:56 AM
    I have and when I turn it back on, the hour glass is there for a good minute or 2 before it finally boots back up.
    11-06-09 09:59 AM
    It does take a few minutes to reboot always I do believe.
    11-06-09 10:00 AM
    Kari
    its supposed to do that
    haha
    11-06-09 10:06 AM
    Memory is good, what is your free memory? Are you multitasking on your device? Are you leaving apps running in the background? When are you getting the hour glass?
    11-06-09 10:25 AM
    If its supposed to do it then why is it just starting after 2 weeks? It says I have 713.4MB left of 717.7MB. I have rebooted it before and it didn't take that long. How do I know if I have applications running in the background? I know I have Facebook running and my Yahoo. Sorry for asking questions, I'm really not a dummy
    Last edited by kari829; 11-06-09 at 03:15 PM.
    11-06-09 03:12 PM
    I think they are saying it takes a while to reboot. Your memory is not right it should be at least 10 mbs. options, memory or status. it should show free memory. The alt and back key held will display apps you have open. Should be 5 unless you left something running. Use the menu key and scroll to close/exit to close apps. A battery pull with device on clears a lot of problems and frees up memory...
    11-06-09 04:59 PM
    When I check for memory free that was it says There is 34442988 bytes free.
    11-06-09 05:10 PM
    Unless you took it out at some point, your phone should have come with a pre-installed microSD memory card. The 8330 I bought nearly a year ago did , and since that time I think they've increased the size that's included with the phone. That being said, I'd suspect maybe a corrupt file on the card, or a bad card itself.

If you have a card installed, you'll find it located under the battery. Just be careful the card doesn't fly out and disappear when removing the battery; my card lock hasn't worked for some time and I've had my card go flying a few times.
    11-06-09 06:11 PM
    The MicroSD card will not have any effect on the performance of the OS. It is an external storage for media files only. However, at 34MB of free file memory, you should not be having memory-related issues. What sort of apps have you installed. Some of them will push content to your BB in the background, causing some slow downs. There's also a possibility of software incompatibility. Did you install an app shortly before the issue started?
    11-07-09 11:16 AM
    Also, to expand on something plunkingtom said:

To properly close apps, when your finished with one, press the menu button, scroll down to exit/close and select it.
    Pressing the red end key or the back/escape button does not close them. It leaves them running.
    Not closing open apps can overwhelm the processor.

There are 5 that are always running, and you can't close: Browser, Home Screen, BB Messenger, Messages and Call Log.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-07-09 11:36 AM
    Mine has been freezing since I started using it in January. Verizon replaced the phone once after numerous tech support calls. My problem seems to be connected to Twitter. I tried Twitterberry and it just freezes up. I tried UberTwitter and same thing. It is very annoying.
    11-07-09 12:56 PM
    The MicroSD card will not have any effect on the performance of the OS. It is an external storage for media files only. However, at 34MB of free file memory, you should not be having memory-related issues. What sort of apps have you installed. Some of them will push content to your BB in the background, causing some slow downs. There's also a possibility of software incompatibility. Did you install an app shortly before the issue started?
    Not true..sorry. I lot of users experience problems like these and more from a bad card or bad data on the card. Pull the card and see how it works without the card installed. If it is card related save data to pc, reformat card and reinstall data. All of the tips are good ones to try let us know the out come. A 3rd party app can conflict with other apps...
    11-07-09 02:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD