I was just switched from Moto Q to BB Curve 8330. Email is through a BES. Problem is when I read, move, or delete an email in MS Outlook on desktop, its doesn't tell the BB to do the same thing & vice versa. Any ideas how to fix this? My Q did it automatically where desktop Outlook & Q always looked the same & updated regardless of which device was doing the email. I need BB to be like that (as I have 40 emails on my BB from yesterday & 1 in MS outlook on desktop). Thank you!!
    Last edited by UWHNTR; 07-30-08 at 03:40 PM.
    07-30-08 12:11 PM
    When you're in "Messages" go to Options and then Email Settings. There you can choose to delete on handheld, desktop or both.
    07-30-08 01:44 PM
    same problem, same settings as you mention. Can't seem to correct. Driving me nuts. thanks.
    07-30-08 02:11 PM
    Thanks trucky. Ok, got delete working both ways, now what about moving the email from the inbox that is on the server (on desktop) to personal folder on desktop? When I do this I want the email to disappear from the BB.
    07-30-08 03:39 PM
    Anyone else have any ideas?
    07-31-08 10:34 AM
    can you view the folders on the bb? if not you need to set up "folder redirection"

go to messags/ option/ email settings and then select the "messaging service" that is you desktop. then hit options agian and you'll see "folder redirection". now select the folders you want to sync to the bb.

another thing to remember is that email reconcilition only happens like ever 15 minutes. so if you change something on you pc it might take 15 minutes to show changes on the bb. if you dont want to wait.... go to messages/ options and hit the "reconcile now"
    07-31-08 11:23 AM
    Thanks CodyBB. I don't have "messaging service" as an option. Could that be for a BIS service & not the BES? Also my email is instant & actually ends up on my BB before my inbox on Outlook (no idea why). Any other ideas you could give me would be greatly appreciated!!!
    07-31-08 03:29 PM
    Make sure that you have the "hide filed emails" option checked.
    08-04-08 08:15 AM
    Thanks trucky. Ok, got delete working both ways, now what about moving the email from the inbox that is on the server (on desktop) to personal folder on desktop? When I do this I want the email to disappear from the BB.
    That doesn't happen automatically with BES. If you move a message from the outlook inbox to a personal folder, you will have to manually delete it from the BlackBerry. There is no way to automate that.
    08-04-08 08:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD